Wormbedding

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by magicman, Aug 31, 2003.

1. WORMS AS A BED AND WEED AS A HEAD :)) LETS SEE IF IT WORKS.......

Attached Files:

2. ROOTS .....TRANSPORTED FROM OUTDOR TA WORMBEDS....O SO DELICATE :)

Attached Files:

3. worms stink when dead dont they?

Attached Files:

4. NOT GONNA KILL UM GONNA GROW UM THEY EAT DEAD ROOTS FROM PRIOR GROW ;)

5. well its like this .. a big sealable container... a lid ,, in container is the worms in a bed of compost/soil/old roots from prior grows....(this is the food)..... if u take the time too look up earthworm castings (vermiculite) is the same thing .. well i plan on using the worms as my base/bedding for the roots ............. the lid is cut so as too insert the pots which have the bottoms removed for roots too grow freely into the earthy/wormy/soil/...........no ferts required ..... well have ta see like i say its an experiment.;) but i have looked into it deeply ,,,,,,..as i do NOT want too lose an entire crop i only did 1/2 this way the other 1/2 is in a slow release self watering hydrosystem...400 hps closet gro... the rest is all u should need ta no ....... hope this cures some ur interest ...:(

Attached Files:

6. You can make a compost pile outside, which allows earthworms and other things to take your organic waste and turn it into wonderful, nutriant-rich soil. You can also do this inside by puting a bunch of organic waste into a plastic container and throwing in a good handful of earthworms. That will give you some really good, nutriant-rich soil.

I would recommend that you start an indoor compost pile, then once you have a good bit of compost, use a mixture of compost and plain ol' dirt to grow in, lean heavily to the compost if you have enough. To help keep your medium rich in nutrients, toss in a few earthworms (2 or 3 per plant should be good), but remember to add some organic material (banana peels, watermellon rinds, grass clippings, you know...) to the medium on a regular basis for your little buddies to chow down on. Oh, and make sure that you replace them if they die... but leave any dead worms in there, they're good nutriants too!

To be honest, I've never tried this... and I've never even grown weed. I do know some things about compost and basic biology, though, and this seems like a really good way to grow weed organicly. Remember, when you put chemicals in the soil (artificial ferts and such) you wind up smoking those chemicals. When you keep it organic, you get more "pure" herb, IMHO. Let Mother Nature do her job... she's been growing pot a lot longer then anyone else! :)

7. THXS<<< THATS WHT I THOUGHT >>>>>>> NOW WELL HAVE TA SEE>>>>>> peace .

MAY THE POT GODS WATCH OVER US ALL WITH AKIND EYE .

Attached Files:

8. magicman: I'm glad we're on the same page here. It sounds like a nice viable theory to me, even a day after I wrote it. (Sometimes my theories sound good when I write them but I can't make sense of them when I read them a day or two later.)

However, I implore you to do me (and the rest of the GrassCity readership) a favor and, please, turn your caps lock off. All caps gives me a headache (honest).

9. caps are off point was made peace in the valley of grasses :)