WORMBEDDING cont.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by magicman, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Hi again,,,,
    seems the worm bedding xperiment is a must have...
    the differnce is quite noticable.... as is the color and sence of no trobles ... were as ......... well there is a video web site on this subject we started,,,
    have a look see .....
    http://vidhaze.tripod.com/
    thxs for all ur interest and ill be in again in a week ;))

Attached Files:

• nutz.gif
      nutz.gif
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Cool! I'm glad you're finding success with your earthworms. Unfortunately, your tripod-hosted site has been unavailable every time I've tried to access it.

How did you grow them? What did you do with the worms? I'm interested... I need details, man!

3. waht is the bedding made of? How many worms per container? Did you ever try to just grow using worm castings?

4. and mods can you move this to advanced growing. I will delete this post one its moved.

5. hi ,,,
    the container is a large tupperware type of thing.. with a lid sealed lid the kind u might take camping
    the pots are old tobbacco conatiners ,,the white ones,,,,,
    the bedding is a mixture of soil compost earth and potting soil... baltic lime,moss jst about n e thing is fine....
    the smell is up ta u.. but the worms will eat n e thing!!!.
    the container lid is placed on this mixture and sealed ...
    the tobbacco containers,, are placed on top,,,
    cut holes around the area atthe bottom of the container..
    draw a circle with marker on tupperware lid...
    approx 12 tobbacco contaners....
    remove bottom of continers with razor knife....
    a hole 1/2 the size is ideal...
    this is for the roots from ur clones/seed/as u see fit...
    fill this continer with soilmix as if for potting,,, u may cut the container in 1/2 if u wish
    the plant is approx,,, 12 inches....
    any larger of a clone ,,and u may OVERGROW
    the plants i find they well grow 2/3 the size once u start the bud...... sativa maybe more....
    place his into the hole u cut out in lid of tupperware container....
    the worms are in tis tupperware continer the tobbacco container/pot is placed into this..the precut holes... not much ,moisture will escape as u have made these holes as tight fighting as possible ....
    for beneth is ur worbedding:))
    the roots will go threww bottom of tobbaco/pot container as it grows and into the healthy wormcasting/soil/bed....
    when plant is finished bud simply cut at bottom of tobbaco conatiner and leave roots in bed ... the worms will eat the dying root for u
    approx. 50 worms the more the marrier....
    they breed very slow///
    the container will become worm casting/vermiculite/wonderful stuff in approximately 9months-1 year less if u use more worms.....
    here we r TRYING 36 large earth worms.....
    feeding the worms ... i suggest u feed the first batch the roots from ur last gro,,,,, if not then use a fruit or vegtable mixture,,they eat they own weight each day,,,they shit they own weight each day .... use tyhis guide as ta when ta enlarge/add continer.
    use the net for ideas on this as we did ..

sry bout the tripod site it is visited often the home site we have is well wortH a clik if u wish to view those it has a following as well it s just the worm bedding site is newer and the curiosity is hi for some reason.....
    organics are wondefful....... i hardly ever water ,,,,, sry saok the bedding as if a wet sponge then seal this should last 1 month or more..
    water plants sparingly,,, till roots find way to bedding then only water bed agin approx 3 weeks ta one month,,,,,, 1 gallon of water..... our experimental container is 2x4x2,,,
    all these suggestions apply to this system,

thxs for your interest.... we will update and add pics asap...: gimmie 2 days ..peace

worm casting is a very old method of composting.... Traders :)

Attached Files:

6. i like that idea its like a whole bio system grow! So the worms dont eat living roots is my guess? that can realy cut down on risks of getting rid of old soil from past grows, just haev the rubermaids stacked up at the end of a grow room and have 3x as many rubbermaids you need so you can have the gro wbax filled with rubbermaids that haev the soil ready then you have the extra rubermdais being turned into worm castins. Couldnt you also mix in the green plants stem and fan leaves that have to thc to make a compost type setup integrated into it and jts bring in some leaves or dead plants so you get the brown material in on the mix. I like this system allot. Its almost like you perfected organics.

7. well thxs for ur support....
    no worms dont et live materail!!
    thxs fo rall ur responce ta this endevour......
    id say Im a lazy kinda huy ....let nature and genes do their thing....
    well tuesdays is our updtae day so be sure ta visit the
    http://vidhaze.tripod.com/
    too see the organics copared ta the slow release hydro system....
    peace in the pipe
    thxs again

8. ok but still the concept is there you just have to sift out the worms once its ready. but still you canhave a 0 trash setup because you re-use everything from the grow.

9. hi grOwer...
    nope jut leave them worms in the bedding ...
    they are ur best chance at total oragnism... u see its a outdoor rought indoor.. without all the xtras,,,,,, it will take these worms at least 1 year to fill this bed,,,, they replace teh soil they transfer with vermiculite...poop.:)
    but in the end ill post yah a new vid and a new pic tommarrow at 3 weeks im very very happy.......
    im nopt saying this is the only way ta o nor am i saying its the only way ta gro im just suggesting a easier way ta keep ur system clean. healthy and.self effecient ..
    I M A LAZY GROWER>>> but a clean one ...
    years in the trade/hoobie has made me well umm wonna find a more natural way ta gro .....heheheheheh

10. I like that stlyle im going to try and do that for my outddoor grow im going to use compost and make a copost at my plot so io dont have to bring the soil to the plots. All i have to bring in is vermaculite and rock phosphate. I would love to do wormcastings but i cant do that stealthly in the great outdoors.

11. peace ta the "grOwer",,,
    hehehe lest not get started on the outdoor sytems. love the way nature can move them roots and adapt over 3 days instead of 8 or 10 ???? have a wonderful method ta share with u when time is right,;)

till then i have ta watch for overgro here :(
    peace in the pipe
    n thxs for all ur time .....