Worm

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jblewballz, May 7, 2015.

1. I have 2 females that i am mainlining to have 8 colas each. They have been vegging for 1 month and i topped them twice but they seem to be growing slowly. I all know is that are blueberry. I dont think my soil mixture is the problem cause i grew 1 blueberry and 1 sweet dream and the blueberry grew slower but i harvested more than the 2nd plant. I am using 3 gallon smart pots in sips watering method. 400w mh and temps are 80f with 45% rh. Soil temp is 73# with lights on. I was wondering if adding worms to the soil will help aerate the soil. I have top dressed with bat guano 10-2-1. I also top dressed with virgin cedar mulch. Im thinking about ditching the sips method
    How many worms should i put in a 3 gallon pot
    How many worms for a 3 gallon pot

Hope this helps!!

3. The rh does go up when lights out, but thats just 4 hours, i will try to turn the exhaust on higher, but the humidifier i got sucks, and my space is small. I have tried lst and i am combining the both now. This is my first try at mainlining so its good to know it slows it down. I got the seeds from my friend so i guess beggers cant be choosers. Lol. The reason i used cedar mulch is i read it naturally deters insects. I seriously need a new grow space, right now its relatively small, shit its real small but ive managed. Right now i have to go in a closet, take a wall down and go into a storage space where i built the box. Damn kids. Im not concerned right now about the growth rate now i know its normal. Thanks

4. If you turn the exhaust up, that will lower humidity more. A small humidifier should work for a closet grow :) they even have ones with humidistats.

5. Thats what i got a small one with a humidistat but it wont get it up there high enough. Ill try moving it around and see where the best placement it. Thanks

6. #6 ladyluckybean, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  7. Yes, cedar deters insects, good, bad, whatever and that would seem to include worms. Not so much the pH, but the aromatic oils in cedar. I use pine bark mulch, low pH, but with a lime buffer the worms don't seem to mind.

Might want to do a bit of research here AFA cedar goes.

Wet

8. This is my first time using any mulch, i only have 3 grows under my belt so im still learning. I will read up on the mulch, its what that lowes had that wasnt filled with other crap. Even MG perlite has fertilizer in it. I had to order organic perlite from epsoma

9. hey I guess it's Worm Power that is supposed to be the good brand; not wiggle worm. hope that helps.

LLBeaner

10. Yes that does, i will have to find worm power, wiggle worm on amazon was all i could find. I took your advice and i managed to get rh up to 60 with lights on and higher lights out. Temps came down 1-2 degrees and my root temps came down to 70 from 73. Thats why i top dresses with high nitrogen bat guano cause the ewc i had. The one on the left really picked up steam while the 1 on the right is still struggling. Any thoughts? By the way the light has fresh air coming in from outside, goes through the light and goes right back into the garage.

Attached Files:

11. The last thing those little plants need is fertilizer and especially high nitrogen bat guano.

12. I only added 1 tbsp, no ferts. I made my own soil. I didnt want to hurt them cause my ewc had no N in it

13. #13 ladyluckybean, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    EWC has everything in it if it's made properly. your plants are very green. you want more of a healthy grass green. try crustacean or crab meal. not only does it have a source of nitrogen, but many other benefits. but not yet. let those plants fade and water only for now. then topdress with the crab and add some kelp meal. get some neem cake or meal as well then you'll be set.

14. I used neem seed meal, crab meal, alfalfa, azomite rock dusk, kelp meal. I mixed it in the soil and let it cook for a couple months before i used it. The plant on the right has purple stems and main stem. I will only water in the resevoir for awhile, i want to top once more then after it grows a bit after i will switch to flower. Thanks

15. if you feel like your plants have an issue regarding nutrition, like you're mentioning the purple stems, just give them compost or ewc top dress. with all the amendments, this will be a good fix. if your soil in the pics are in soil only amended with guano, (I think I might be getting confused on this) let them lighten then add a couple teaspoons of the stuff you made your very well "cooked" soil with mixed in a little compost or ewc. mix it up now, get it wet and let it sit till the plant is lighter colored. its about feeding the microbes and them in turn feeding the plant what it needs.

16. I will post exactly whats in my soil and what is too dressed. Give me few minutes

17. Ok, sorry. I have been sick and here is my soil ingredients.
    2.5 gal canadien spaghnum peat moss
    2.5 gal epsoma perlite
    2.5 gal ewc

I then mixed these ingredients and applied 3 cups to the soil
    1 cup tomato tone
    1 cup neem seed meal
    1 cup alfalfa
    1 cup crab meal
    2 cup kelp meal

Now i can tell you the plants seen to be doing great now, although the smaller plant still has solid purple main stem. The other plant is larger and is not purple except for new growth, which maybe normal i guess.

18. i wouldn't worry about purple stems. sometimes I get my clones with purple stems that are deep almost black purple and small/woody. i think you'll find that it comes and goes sometimes and then another time, it's just purple lines. at least my plants seem to figure it out when they get a little older. it doesn't seem to phase them at all. i had a plant that turned this deep dark purple all over the stems by the time it was done blooming.

[​IMG]

19. Ok. Thanks for the replies. Ill try to keep this updated till harvest