Worm compost

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Frostnuggets, Oct 19, 2018.

1. So I have about 7 cubic feet of compost that that isn’t that great, it’s filled with small chips and I was wondering if I could just throw some worms on it too speed up the proccess. Would this work? If so how long would it take?

2. The worms would do it eventually, but a little lime,and/or Humic acid would do it faster....Wood chips take a WHILE !

• Like Like x 1
  3. It may be best to screen the compost in an effort to remove the wood chips, or at least the largest chips. Any bark found can be left in the mix. As other posters have said, wood takes a long time to break down.
    I call the practice of releasing red wigglers into compost piles "Free Ranging", and it works very well. I don't think it will be of much help to speed up the removal of wood chips. It will make your compost much better however.
    If it was me, I would add more greens to the compost, let it cook, turn it, cook, and then add a bunch of red wigglers. Fresh cut grass would be perfect to add.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Bud

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. There's the answer right there...screen out the chunks,and then use them for mulch...
    Wazzup Pops.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Same old just hanging with dr Mengle and Hunter on our threads. Lots of memming off bahahhaaaaa

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1