Worm castings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by outdoorgrow1, Jul 1, 2017.

1. I've been reading in these forums and everyone's suggesting a lot of perlite for soil mixes but has anyone ever tried to grow in 100% work castings? It works pretty good

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would assume for one it would hold way to much water and fairly certain you would kill your plants from to much fertilizer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. um no...not straight worm castings Dude...it's an additive to soil....not pure....where did you find that info?? it's like saying how bout growing in straight manure ....you'll burn the shit out of the plants....and please ..tell us why you think it works "pretty good"?

good luck and good grows keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. You soil will be like i marsh. I do add it on top several times during a plants life span.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Worm castings cannont really burn plants but it would just be completely muddy and compact so even if roots would have a hard time

6. I am fairly certain if you took a seedlings and planted it directly in worm casting it would die quickly from to much fertilizer. Not considering the water holding problems.

My current grow 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  7. agreed

• Like Like x 1
  8. The amount of nutrients in worm castings is so minut. The NPK ratio is like 0.3-0-0 so i really couldnt see a plant getting nute burn from it

9. try it then Titan!! then show us the results ...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Its putting it directly into a concentrate. I can't see how that would not burn a plant. Be like planting straight into coffee grounds or some other low nutes but directly.

My current grow 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

11. Well I am sure we all agree that either way this would not work. Would be one hell of a microbe party though. MICROBE MOSHPIT:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

• Like Like x 2
  12. in heard growing in straight dog shit dookie fibers might work right along the lines of straight melted worm dookie too ...

13. Lol look at the nutrient value of worm castings it's not going to burn any plants

14. gonna try my next grow in a mass of pubic hair and then sprinkle 3 - 62 lbs. of worm castings on top... feeding regularly with sour milk and coca cola... should have plants just like we see in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Attached Files:

16. nah ..I can't see the resemblance to straight worm shit or pubic hair or sour milk or coca cola or even dog shit dookie fibers ....your way behind Dude...get with it

17. Nah for real tho I was just wondering because ppl are so adamant for 50% perlite but I've had success without

18. 50 50 perlite and worm crap might even fly...but straight worm castings will make your plants struggle and go nowhere....I dunno I grow in rockwool have since 98...there's a learning curve...but once you get it it's easy as shit...and works fine indoors...Lotta factors depend though....do what you know and what works best ...