Worm Castings & Crab Meal

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Dogs Bollocks, Feb 11, 2019.

1. I was wondering if I can use both of these soil additives at the same time? I have some plants with Castings and some with the Crab Meal and it seems the ones with the Castings are doing better and now I would like to add Castings to all of them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. By all means, use both. Castings can be used as up to 30% of your total soil volume, and crab meal used at 1 cup per cubic foot. Check out the soil recipe in the no-till thread:
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Many no-tillers consider vermicomposting to be a central part of their operation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

3. Yes, of course!

Practically all my top dressings are mixed with a handful of fresh VC to kickstart the breakdown process. Not a lot is needed, just enough to kinda coat whatever is being top dressed. This is my own VC, I have no experience with bagged stuff.

With the soil mixes, with my own VC, 10% is about the upper limit as they are just so dense. Anything over 15% just turns the mix to mud.

Is this bagged EWC, or, do you have a bin(s) going? There is a world of difference between homegrown and bagged/store bought.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sweet. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Awesome. I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1