worlds smallest pc grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by africangrower, Oct 22, 2009.

1. hey guys im attempting to grow marijuana in a 11"x13"x5" pc box. just an experiment.

theres a slight problem. i think i have a nitrogen defeceincy. but im not sure. it seems like its spreading up but instead of just yellowing, brown spots are starting to appear as well. it looked like my previously solved heat stress problem but its not affecting the top of the plant.
    i noticed the next set of leaves up are browning at the tips and im starting to see some light/yellowish pigments.

any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Rob Zombie, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  3. thanks.
    the first link looks the same as my problem. nute burn. with magnesium defeceincy.
    i will flush right away and add some epsom salt.

4. I hope they get better... don't worry... 'cause every little thing... LOL;)

5. some pics of after flushing. the affected leaves seem to be slowong down, but time will tell:D

Attached Files:

6. Maybe you can try growing with hydroponics instead of soil. That way you can just dump the nutrient solution if your plants start to get sick.

7. i prefer soil. im not very skilled when it comes to hydroponics, but ill try it sooner or later.:D

8. #8 Steve-0, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
    Ha nice man! Yeah, looks like nitrogen deficiency...maybe slightly worse though...not sure. I usually get plants lookin like that on my outdoor grows. hmm, not sure? One question...what lights are you using?

9. shes dying. i thought is was nute lock of magnesium, but after flushing, heat stress symptoms started occuring, untl i notice fan leaves not even under direct light are brown spots and curling.
    i use 2 23w cfls and temps ar never above 87 degrees

any suggestions of what it might be are welcomed thanks
    -ag

Attached Files:

10. do you have good air circulation in there? a fan to make the plants constantly move a little and a way to constantly put fresh air in the pc case are a must for a grow that small!

11. yea i have one exhaust one intake and one sitting by her for circulation, it has the exact characteristics as heat stress but other leaves ar getting affected as well, any advice?
    would more pics help?

12. Hi Af,

Your setup should work. Mine is similar, but it's in a filing cabinet with 315 watts of CFL and much more of a heat issue than you might have with only 46 watts.

If I were to change one thing with your cabinet, I'd have only a heat exhaust fan near the top. If you have a fan inside the box, it just creates turbulence, defeating the purpose of the heat-exhaust fan. The warm air should rise and be pushed out...not blown back onto the plants.

Your soil looks dry and poor in the photos. Stick to some high grade organic. I'd re-pot that plant in a slightly deeper pot using top quality soil with some nutes already in it. You won't have to guess about how to feed it for a while. For two weeks, just give good clear tap water that has sat out dechlorinating for a day or so. If the roots are happy the rest of the plant will do better, too.

Keep the lights close (about an inch)...don't worry...you won't burn the leaves unless they touch the bulb.

13. yea i ended up transplanting into a 1 gallon with fresh soil. my temps are bellow 80 degrees with the circulation fan. thanks for the help man
    -ag

14. more soil? yea i think so...experiment, c'mon man!