World's first genetically modified humans born...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I don't see the problem here. The article itself is from the daily mail, so everyone they interviewed conforms with their incessant conservatism.
    For those who say "it's not natural", we are a part of nature, it is natural. Why the fuck do people fear progress?

2. Was I the only one who wants a clone of them self?! Awesome

3. If you know how clones work, are you willing to take care of yourself as an infant?

4. I'm awesome....who wouldn't want more of me?

5. Your parents.

6. Are you your hardware or your software?

A clone will look like you but will only be you if programmed the same (ie lived the same exact life with the same friends family and influences)

7. i think they would think of things in the same way though so maybe not

8. I highly doubt that. Your thoughts are all based on things you learned during your life.

9. Have you ever been convinced of something that changed your opinion?

10. Kinda creepy if you ask me, I mean these modified humans can be capable of almost anything that we who were created naturally can not do....

11. This. People who are saying this is science totally don't get science. Remember Darwin anyone? "Survival of the fittest"??? If there are defects in the genepool, their bloodline is SUPPOSED to die off, not find a way to work around natural selection. :(

12. This is natural selection. We're using our most powerful tool (our brains) to further perpetuate the species. This could be our next step in evolution.

...Soon, the government will be using these GM children as their new soldiers to round up us normals cause we pose a threat to the new and improved mankind.

13. In regards to natural selection

Even though we gain in one area we loose in others. Look at all the genetic diseases humans are born with nowadays. Look at how high our infant mortality rate is without modern medical science. We live longer but we have a shit load of health problems and environmental suseptibilities.

14. Here's my question....what about all the countries including our own who are probably already creating super soldiers in labs. Sure, it's fiction, but how far are they really ahead and what's going on that people don't know. This is probably something the govt achieved years ago and private labs are just starting.

I'll bet the soviet union (russia) was successful years ago. Hell, even we pardoned atrocious acts by nazis as long as they gave us their research. How many stayed on in the last oh, 60 something years and continued their work in secret? There's probably adults walking around right now that don't even know they're experiments and through adoption, the parents wouldn't know eather. Talk about a blind study.

One can dream cant he?

15. Im just waiting for plasmids like on bioshock

16. #79 ProvidencePlant, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Right, so we should just let people who get cancer die, right? Fuck chemo, and all other cancer treatments (such as hemp oil for instance), survival of the fittest! I'd really like to know the difference between the two, why should someone have to suffer through the terrible side effects of chemo for just a chance a survival when scientists could potentially eliminate it from their gene pool?

17. I like it. Fuck it. If we never attempt to wander we never learn. This could shed new insite into our lives and potentially create a stronger race and become healthier in the future.