World's first genetically modified humans born...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Jan 8, 2013.

1. You genetic sympathizer. Ahahaha.

So do these people get rights like everyone else (lololol) or are they the property of the scientists?

2. "Every scientific breakthrough does not come to good."
    That's a little confusing. It makes it seems like if you think nothing good could come from science.

3. We are all equal. They own themselves. Whether you choose to respect them is another matter.

4. #44 FALSE, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Not what im saying, mate. Scientific breakthroughs entertain me. That is a good thing. Or is it?

5. I don't see why they should be treated any differently than other non-humans...

6. Not sure if trolling

Or is literally retarded

7. Breaking News: Biogenesis solved.

Breaking News: Economic Fusion Reactor Built.

Breaking News: Warp Drive Invented.

8. In Brave New World, the government systemically destroyed certain babies DNA making them slightly retarded; further, they brainwashed them into the way of life in which they should become accustomed. They didn't positively modify DNA, nor did any individual have a choice in the matter. The people were created by the government and for the government

9. Nothing we do is unnatural. We are nature

10. #50 ProvidencePlant, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    ITT: Lots of ignorant people fear mongering.

I say we add more regulations so GM babies can be clearly identified, preferably a big ass label on their forehead, sort of like what Prop 37 proposed.

11. or stars on their shirt

12. I do not like this. I don't think our own basic humanity is something to be played with...

13. And then that smarter breed takes over us normal humans. I can see that playing out.

14. Hm, so eventually alter the course of human evolution? Sounds like fucking history in the making!

15. So then we could potentially eliminate disease and create a better species. This sounds good to me

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

16. OMG....this is how the Eugenics Wars in Star Trek started.

17. Maybe Minnesota will finally get a winning football team if this pans out.

18. This is a good thing IMO. Nothing creepy about it, just humanity pushing forward as usual.

I think, we being natural beings, will look to transcend our species. This is one of the many things that will occur when the singularity happens.

19. It just sounds like the baby got mitochondrial DNA only.

For those of you unfamiliar with cell biology....we have a cell nucleus with our DNA in it. We also have mitochondrias (which make energy for our cells) in our cells which have there own DNA (which is bacteria like) that is passed down from your mother only. IT sounds like the baby got one mother mitochondria, the other ladies nucleus DNA and the father nucleus DNA (the nucleus DNA would mix together to form the babies nucleus DNA).

Not as crazy as it sounded at first but still insane they could do that.

Imagine, in three hundred years mabye new family structures will emerge where there are like 5 dads and 14 moms who all put there DNA into one child.:smoking:

20. Shit, I was born in that hospital. I wonder if ...