World overpopulation: How soon?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Pizzaroll, Aug 1, 2012.

1. the government pays farmers to not grow food every year, they also buy large amounts of food from farmers and burn it to keep prices of food up so the farmers can live off their income.

2. Just as the western Europeans were pushed by invading Muslim armies to explore the Atlantic Ocean for new territory, I believe overpopulation will push mankind into space to find relatively inhabitable locations. However, it's likely we will all kill each other in a nuclear holocaust long before then.

3. Im not for sure but I think I remember reading a while back that we can realistically support a global population of around 9 billion. Also our numbers should start to plateau pretty soon......I hope.

4. Yeah, we all have a nuclear war and everybody dies expect for me, and then i form my own wonderful society, free of dykes (hahahaha)

5. [quote name='"GaryOkay"']Yeah, we all have a nuclear war and everybody dies expect for me, and then i form my own wonderful society, free of dykes (hahahaha)[/quote]

How high are you? Lol

And even though these 3rd world people are dying they shouldn't have a higher population then what they can support. We have virtually no people living in the middle of the desert because they can't support a large population.

Really if you only have enough food for 50 people then eventually your population will level off around 50.

6. Yep, I'm always high

Yea, i agree, unless if we have more resources, we should cut down on population

7. The world will just get more populated, and faster each year that goes by.

8. A nuclear world war will wipe out 9/10 of the the world population

9. I hate to break it to you bud, a nuclear war will wipe out 9.9/10 of the population. Learn the mechanics of what happens during a nuclear war, and the after effect. I would be surprised if more than a 100 people survived a global nuclear war.

10. Around there..... but your the closer one, im sure an odd island far away from all the major cities will survive. At least its solves the population problems

11. #31 durangobob99, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012

There is only so much water in the world, when you try to farm the desert it takes a lot more resource's to achieve the same goal. In the early days people had large families to help on the farm or ranch. Today, churches want people to keep having large families to line their pockets. Only the wealthy can truly afford large families and be able to send them all to college and set them up in business. Poorer people would have a better quality of life with smaller amounts of children. Many people work the system by having children to get more money from welfare. The children always suffer. When I was born there was 2 and a half billion people in the world. Do the math, if it doesn't correct soon, billions more will starve. The middleast thinks its about fuel, wrong, its about food or the lack of it.

12. People who don't think overpopulation is possible... You are aware that even though yes, there is a lot of currently unused land... That space is still finite?

13. That's when we hop ship and fly to Mars smoky ;)

14. We should probably do that before we have to. :p

15. We are actually nowhere NEAR over population, it's been proved by many scientists.

16. [quote name='"Malvolio"']We are actually nowhere NEAR over population, it's been proved by many scientists.[/quote]

Can you post some links/websites?

17. Actually with millions of kids dying from disease and famine.. I'd say we're already there..

18. Overpopulation does not exist at the level the elitist of the world deceive you to believe, not even close actually

19. how soon?

uh how about it's already overpopulated.