World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ithrowcraze, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Naxx wasn't such a walk in the park when you were level 60 though.

I quit playing because the negatives of the game finally outweighed the positives. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast playing this game and the group of people I played with were incredible. And I even got pretty damn good at main healing as a resto shaman.

Then of course, like they are always prone to do, my guild absolutely imploded and everyone I considered friends started turning on each other, it was horrible to watch. I kicked around with a few other guilds for a month or two before finally calling it quits.

Played since release but I haven't played in a little over a year now it seems, but every once in awhile I definitely crave to get back into it, even though I know I never can again.

I remember nights raiding ZG were always fun because we all knew what we were doing so it allowed us a lot of room to goof off. I'll never forget those long nights spent raiding and shooting the shit over Vent.

I guess I'll get back into an MMO at some point, just not now.

2. Got an 80 protpala, almost full epic! :D
    But i'm not playing anymore =O

Agamaggan; european servers

3. 80 DK
    77 Paladin (working now)
    73 shaman x 3 (don't ask)
    63 shaman x 2 (don't ask)

Frostwolf horde us pvp :)

4. Lvl 80 Orc Shaman

Hyjal!!!

5. I actually had all the T2 gear on my Shaman deleted one day (long story dealing with ex-girlfriends)... God, I think I must have had at least 4 of my T2 pieces on that guy... basically months and months of raiding BWL and the last boss of MC all to have it deleted. Blizz wouldn't restore either.

So I remember bumming like 5 gold off guild members, running to the bank and buying a shitty BoE green weapon and shield then running UBRS and a bunch of other shit for weeks straight. Guys were laughing at me cause we were doing UBRS and I'm sitting there butt ass naked trying to fight Rend Blackhand.

Long story short, it took me forever to get my character fully equiped with epics again, so long that a week later Burning Crusade comes out and we all realize that the green quest rewards we get the second we cross over into Outland are all vastly better than our epics.

Fuck me!

But seriously, it's not often you see a resto shaman main heal an entire raid... I was just that good :D

Foop, Darkspear best heals on the server

6. ^^ What he said.

I still get sick to my stomach thinking about the last days of our guild. Almost everyone was a hardcore nerd (lived at elitistjerks.com), hardcore stoner, or a mixture of the two. We were extremely vent social. There were a few cliques inside the guild but most weekend nights people who were online were all in the same channel. I actually offended a new guild member one night (crazy old-fashioned Korean chick) when I played the ibod on vent; I was taking requests... haha.

I joined facebook just to stay in touch with my old guildies. It's worked out pretty well. Our guild imploded but it was more of a combination of not being able to recruit talent to a PVE server, having a few people with burnout and a handful of immature pricks. (now none of that would be an issue. qq) But most of us remain very friendly. aahh Memories. :smoke:

And :laughing: . I still lol every time I read Sebudai. Good times. :smoke:

7. You think that's bad man, I was in Forgotten Heroes, and when Naxx came out we were one of the top guilds worldwide -- we got the world 3rd patchwerk kill, the world first Maexxna kill(final boss in the spider wing) and a bunch of other top 10 kills. I had about 5 pieces of tier 3, and I had JUST gotten the halo off of Thaddius, and my account ended up getting hacked(I basically re-rolled alliance to join Forgotten Heroes, and one of my 'friends' gave me an account to level up on, and he ended up taking it back after I got all of that shit, I didn't have the secret question answer so I couldn't retrieve it). Anyways, that's probably the best thing that happened to me, I played WoW WAAAY too much. I look back at all the time I spent playing that game and it makes me want to slap myself.

8. Yeah the guild atmosphere was really the entire reason why I stayed with WoW as long as I did. I mean it was really the first RPG I had ever played for the most part, definitely the first MMO. Just one day one of my Call of Duty clan mates was telling me how the servers had New Years celebrations planned for the first year of its release. I remember him telling me that you could dress up a pirate and get drunk in bars..... Took me about 2 seconds flat to order it off Amazon.

And since the game had only been out for a month by that point, everyone was pretty nooby and the first guild I ever joined was filled with people just like me... Ignorant in every way about RPGs and MMOs in general. For the next 3 years we just became closer and closer. We all helped each other level up and we all tackled high end content together for the first time. You can bet there was failure and frustration abound but we still quickly made a name for ourselves as a premiere guild on Darkspear

But after all that hard work was put in and we finally cleared a raid, it felt better than an orgasm for us all :). Numerous UBRS runs led to months of having to trudge our way through MC and onto BWL. I always remembered looking forward to hoping on vent and spending an entire weekend with this group of people. I even left my friends on the backburner, telling them that I couldn't come out and get black out drunk because I had to raid Ony that night.

Then of course all good things must come to an end. As everyone was getting into SSC and the like, things just kind of turned. I mean we had had respected guild members walk out in the past, taking a few other members with them, but it was nothing we couldn't over come. But since our guild was led by a woman, you bet your ass that there was always that underlying current of sexual jealousy between members and lots of whisper chats flowing around the guild.

Things happened and people got hurt (a long and tumultous affair that I wont get into) but the next thing you know, people who had been best friends for years were now at each others throats. MTs not wanting to raid with certain healers, people fighting over loot and internet vagina is never a good thing.

It all ended on absolute horrible terms and to this day I don't talk to a single person from WoW because of the way things ended.

But god damn if I don't dream of playing it again... then I remember all the monotony associated with raiding and grinding and it just makes me weary

9. ....you should throw your life away again.... come onnnn....

You can avoid all the monotony how I do... don't farm shit, make your money raiding. It's quite possible... I've spent very little time actully farming for money or anything really... Plus, we haz dailys now...

10. #111 Facekicker, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    Well now that this thread is gettin' more views I'll add mine to the mix.

If you're on KT hit me up.

Hyrup 80 Prot War
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel'Thuzad&n=Hyrup

I've got a shaman and rogue that are still lvl 70 and in T6 but I don't know if I'll have or take the time to level them again.

*Edit*
    Oh and about the gold..... I'm sort of a habitual farmer, started the habit when I was farming mats for Sulfuras way back in the vanilla days. But I generally keep about 20k gold on me, with the new ways to get gold and playing the AH I can't understand players who complain about being broke or whatnot.

11. Started raiding with my new guild on my priest. Went from not doing a raid since pre-bc to naxx 25 and man we kicked ass :D Got a piece of t7 and a couple other goodies and we're goin again tonight.

80 Undead Priest - Stankydanky

My priest has been my main for awhile now, so that's really where you're gonna find me.

12. I've got an 80 Mage, and the same thing is happening to me that happened to me with BC -- I'll hit the level cap, grind heroics for some better gear, and then... get really bored. I have little motivation to do the hardcore raiding thing. Now I'm levelling my priest alt, but its soooo slowww. I've been playing a lot less WoW and more FPS the last few weeks. 80 is just one long grind

13. #114 theVirtuoso, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Quick question...

What's the point in doing 25man raids for your gear just to lose every roll on your upgrades, and then to top it off lose the roll on t7.5 leg tokens which would give me a massive upgrade including set bonus to a warlock already geared out in t7 who still can't even dps and is always having internet trouble basically wasting a raid slot and even getting us all killed on a certain boss. They guy can barely and I mean barely out-dps the fucking tank! In complete epics and his t7 set... I'm speechless and have to vent that shit.

If I as a raid healer got that, getting those stats and the set bonus it would benefit the entire raid every fight... it goes to the dps who's only benefits to the raid are summoning and health stones. gg

14. Dude they fucked wow so hard with the pre LK patches and then the expansion. Seriously, turning all spell damage to spell power, and making healing and spell power the same. Way to fuck healers over, I see casters rolling on Mp5/spirit gear all the time, and winning it over the fucking priest/druid all the time. dumb cunts.

And then they went ahead and made everybody have CC that totally didn't fuck a bunch of classes over. Oh noes my shaman cant CC... guess what fucker, maybe you should heal, or make a new class that can do what you fucking want to.

Sorry for the rant but people on that game QQ'd their asses off until it was ruined for serious players like myself.

15. I've got an 80 demo/destro warlock. I've been playing since the end of july, and I'm fucking done with that game. pissin me off

16. Level 23 Hunter on Kel'thuzad, quit long ago.

17. Used to play back in the day.

18. 4 80's. Resto druid, Shadow priest, Rogue, And a prot Warrior.

druid and war are both ally and other two are horde.

My allies are both in full val gear and my guild is trying to get 3 drakes down. Might need a voidwalker to tank sarth for a bit since we lost one of our awesome tanks.

My horde are pvp toons.

19. I used to play, 2 epicced out 80s. Enh shaman and DK. Just sold my acc though cuz the game is terrible and boring.