World Of Seeds Mazar x White Rhino

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Indikid, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Has anyone grown this strain? I plan on trying it out in homemade 5 Gal DWC/Bubble Buckets, using General Hydroponics Flora series, with a few supplements, including Technaflora's Bloombtastic PK 14/15 supplement, as well as Thrive Alive, (containing the 3 varieties of Kelp for root development.) Additionally, I was going to double the air stones to displace more water/further aerate the water. I may also use an oxygen supplement for more vigorous plant growth. 

I've heard good things about General Hydroponics bringing out the "stickiness" of the flower, and I'm hoping it'll compliment the Mazar in the genetics. Additionally, I'm shooting for a high THC content with the intention of using Bloombtastic to really accelerate trichome development. 

Any feedback/thoughts/tips would be much appreciated, and if anyone's grown this strain-please leave some details! 

2. Ive smoked both individually but never the cross. Ive never grown either one either but it sounds like your goin to have a sick setup. I can only imagine how that strain would smoke (mazar was one of my favorite smokes ever). Start a journal when you do it, i would check it out.

3. Was curious about this one, got it as a freebie from herbies.

The flora line is great, you could use their liquid cool bloom instead of the bloombtastic, I'm sure they're similar enough. Either way in a bucket you'll be cool.

4. @[member="Indikid"] any update on mazar white rhino?

5. #5 Keif Richards, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    I've got one in veg (sprouted on July 9th) and it's the smelliest, stinkiest plant I've ever experienced.  I can't put it into words.  This shit permeates walls and shit - it's marijuana napalm.

I topped it and it's looking fantastic.  Super green and lush.  I'll post pics if people want to see them.

I got them as free seeds from Herbies, to boot.

6. oh god really? i have like 3 flowering autos no smell at all, now i gonna have to buy a filter aint that a bitch

i'd love to see pics!!

have you been keepin a journal?!

7. I agree it is stinky and dark green. Hoping to see one finished, but no luck yet.

8. @[member="nonfiction"] Yeah, been keeping a journal, but not online.  Maybe for a future grow, since I've learned so much.  Pics attached.

Grown her under a 125w 6500k CFL (on top) and a 150w 5000k CFL (side).  I rotate it daily and it seems to have really liked that extra light, especially down low.  You should be able to see both tops - one of them is closest to the camera in the pics.  For flower, I'll swap out the 6500k cfl with a 150w HPS.  I'll keep that one 150w cfl on the side because the 5000k gives off virtually no heat for some reason, so why not.

She's about 5 and a half weeks old and will be going into flower soon.  She's looking great and going to be getting 300w soon, so there is a potential to turn out a lot of bud, for sure.

Attached Files:

9. very nice! imust invest in some 125w or even 200w cfls, they seem so underrated for side and bottom lighting, no heat, how can you complain? :D

10. @[member="nonfiction"] thanks - appreciate the kind words.

I can post a pic in next week and see how she's grown.  And also throughout flower if anyone is interested in growing it (or watching it grow).

I do want to clarify on my lights, though.  

My 125w CFL is a 6500k bulb (fairly standard for the vegetative stage among CFL growers).  My 150w CFL is a 5000k bulb. Without sufficient air circulation, the 6500k bulb gets very hot.  It needs air movement.  The 5000k bulb is only slightly uncomfortable holding it for as long as you like.  With a fan it feels as if it's off (see pic 1, bottom right).  They are the same brand, and the 5000k is 25w more.  I can only imagine the higher the kelvin, the hotter the temps produced, but that's straight from my ass with no science pushing it out.

I wanted to add side/bottom lights to see if I couldn't turn popcorn nugs into legit bud. And since the 5000k gives off the least amount of heat (my experience only), I'm using that for the entire grow down at the side/bottom, and using the aforementioned CFL/HPS combo for the top.

I found online that 5000k is Horizon Daylight, whereas 6500k is Daylight / Overcast Daylight.

Makes sense that 5000k would be great for the bottom/sides! LOL

11. It's in beast mode at the moment.  Growing several inches a day.  Switched to HPS and put in flower on 20th.

August 18th vs. 24th

Attached Files:

12. Damn that things growing as almost as fast as the plant im revegging. I just flipped to 12/12 also. Youll probably still finish faster than me being you have a heavy indica strain.

Yeah, doing ok for my second grow.  My first grow will be ready for harvest late Sept.  It's a Kerala Krush.  Looks like dog shit, and I mean dog shit, but has buds all over.

But I'm more interested in this WOS.  It only has 4 or 5 leaves out of the dozens and dozens that "look bad".  By that I mean ever so slight nute burn on a few tips.  Otherwise, seems to be looking good.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  I'll keep you all posted.

14. I had that problem my first grow too. I overfed and got nute burn on the tips and it would spread really fast and me being the first time grower i was thought it was a calcium problem. So i fed them more only to make it worse. I foliar sprayed earlier with light nutes and checked a few hours ago to find two burnt tips. It also could be because i turned my fan off yesterday and forgot to turn it on so it migh have been the lights. Either way less nutes is always bettrr than more.

@[member="Indikid"] Hey man, good luck with the THC stuff.  That shit should be KILLER.  It's already got 20%, which would certainly go toe to toe with those listed in High Times Mag (or website) strongest strains on the earth for 2013. Compared to Chem Dog's almost 25%, it's not pushing any world records, but this will be some one-hit wonder, for sure.

It's published at 400-600g indoor.  I have no idea what to expect, really.  But since it's growing so nice, and has two massive tops, I could be looking at a nice amount!  However, that translates to 14-21 ounces, which translates as 16oz to a pound, right??  There could be no way this would produce 1lb, could it??  Having 300w on one plant, and 20,000+ lumens, should go a long way, though.

Regardless of yield, this shit will be some dank bud.

16. Seed companies almost always give total yield in a perfect grow environment and they say 400-600g indoor but thats 400-600 per square meter in a SoG setup to maximize yield for that sq meter and they can usually stuff about 10 plants in a SoG sq meter. So really its more like 400 grams for 10 smaller plants not 400 per plant. Come to think of it i dont think ive seen any seed companies that post average yield for one plant its always says 400-600m2 or just 400-600. I say if you can pull a qp indoors off one plant your a hoss. I have a hard time getting 2 per plant.

17. @[member="SupaaBaked"]  Alright - I've got an experiment on my hands!

As a mater of fact, I do remember seeing strains listed as m/2 or m2 now that you mention it.  This specific plant is listed at the seed bank web site simply as:

Yield: 400-600g indoor / 900g outdoor

So, I'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.  Every grow is different, and all.  

And you said you're having a hard time getting "2 per plant".  What does that mean?

18. #18 SupaaBaked, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    2 oz per plant. Its mostly because i have cfl's too. The buds look like buds but its literally just a bunch of foxtails connected to a stem, they're super airy but not see through airy. Im upgrading to hid sometime soon though so hopefully i can pull out some denser nugs. Another note to the yield breeders suggest is they will usually run 1 1000w or 1 600w for that 1 m2 if its a big grow room they might be a meter an a half apart. To get breeders results i would probably have to seal my closet and put 2 600's in there. It would be ridic.

Outdoor yield is a whole different ballgame and most companies dont post an outdoor because they cant give anything close to an accurate number. Ive seen an outdoor that my friend had who didnt know what he was doing yield a quarter (yeah i have no clue how its even possible) and ive seem youtube videos of organic gardens with 10lb 8 foot tall plants with buds bigger than jorges head and the stems look like tree trunks kinda shit. Thats 4,160 grams a plant. Nowhere near what ive ever seen estimated outdoor. They're in veg indoor for 2 or 3 months before planting time so their already big at the beginning of the season but still its 10 big ones off of one plant.

I don't rely on CFL anymore.  When I flipped to flower on the 18th, I switched lights.  Now I have a 150w HID on top (horizontal), and a 150w 5000k CFL at the way, way bottom of the plant (vertical).

Damn, 60g?  I don't know that's worth the expense of electricity and water/nutes, etc for me.  Hopefully the HID makes a world of difference. Or I should say, I pray.  This tent may be able to hold 3 plants, but I'd need to add another light or replace this one with a bigger one.

Hopefully the fact that I can keep the lights about 3-4" away while keeping the canopy temp 75-77 should help alot, too.

Thanks!