World No Tobacco Day

Discussion in 'General' started by DragonMage, May 31, 2013.

1. Oh yeah I totally think people should wear seat belts....I wear one any time I am in a vehicle even if I'm just chilling in a parking space hahaha. I just don't think people should have to wear one

2. I might have gave it a shot if I knew about it this morning

See that's what I'm saying though. Why not? Maybe it makes me uncomfortable, I still don't enjoy riding on the passenger side of cars because the belt going across me in that way doesn't feel right/good. How about I make my own decisions what I do with my life, regardless of what risk they present to me?

I just hate the complacency of it all. It's not that it sucks to get a fine, it's that you get a fine, you have to pay it. Regardless of what you think of the laws, and if you don't you get hauled off and thrown in jail......

I don't think that's so much to ask for either.

I also don't understand where the law comes from because growing up and before the law, everyone always wore seatbelts.

Yeah I kinda have mixed feelings on cigs because I used to smoke, most of my friends smoke A LOT and growing up my older family members smoked all the time. I still smoke sometimes. But I wish cigarettes didn't exist. It makes me really sad knowing that my dad has probably cut years off his life because of his smoking (and also his unhealthy eating). But that's his decision. He enjoys smoking, a lot. Same as he enjoys cooking delicious, unhealthy food. All I can do is live my life the way I think is best and leave others to make their choices. 

It's all about the $$$ 

7. i smoked a spirit on my break today and im on about my 5th snus. ive pretty much quit cigs, but ill smoke one randomly here and there.

if i woulda known this morning, i woulda not used any.

8. i'm going to get naked and have sexual relations with tobacco in response to this.

tobacco gets a bad rap, there are many chemicals in tobacco that can actually save lives.  

Those anti-tobacco PSA's really bother me, because they're ignorant as shit!

Yeah, tobacco kills people, but so does water.   One of the worst claims:  Tobacco kills more people every year than "blank".

9. #29 *guest, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013

Passenger side is even worse though, because then in a severe car accident scenario, your body becomes a risk to all the other people in the car. :p

EDIT: I mean worse compared to being the driver with no one else in the car, for the record. 

10. Better not second-hand passenger, then!

My father is the exact same way. If I could make it so cigarette's never existed, I'm not sure I would though. People need to make their own decisions about their life, what it means, what it's worth, how long they want to live, etc. I enjoyed the last part of your post, if everyone did the enlarged the world would be a much better place.

12. i participate every day. i dont smoke tobacco.

13. the question should be who are tobacco companies to decide? because it not completely a choice once you are addicted

also, tobacco use does not only affect the people using it... ever heard of second hand smoke?

14. knowing that millions of people die from it you would not? now that is just incredibly immoral IMO. yes, it is society's place to not encourage people to make terrible decisions for themselves that will also effect many other people... is it only affecting me if i smoke everyday and my co worker gets cancer and dies? and i die from smoking, leaving my children and wife unable to pay for anything?

It's a choice to start doing it in the first place. If someone feels like they're "addicted" to weed, are you going to blame their dealer? Give me a break. Let people decide what they want to do with their own bodies, whether it's unhealthy or not. It's none of your business. 

16. yeah, the world is much better with harmful drugs were easily accessible! this is the entire purpose of a good society, to get rid of things like smoking that harm people. not to mention it harms people other than yourself...

17. Oops, just finished off a pack of cigs today.  The first pack I've bought in years too

18. bad comparison, and now what about second hand smoke? that kind of defeats your entire talking point of "this is my own personal choice"

a society that cares about human life should not promote a drug that destroys it...

now i will give you a releveant comparison. if a person persuades another person to inject themselves (and others in smaller doses) with poison, am i going to blame them? yes, i would

19. way to respond to one half of my 2 sentence post lol.

In my state, smoking is already banned in almost every indoor place, so secondhand smoke really shouldn't be much of a worry here. I'm sure every state will be like that soon enough. 

It's not like anyone is forcing you to stay in a place where people are smoking anyway, at least not around here. :poke: