Workout Updates (volume 1)

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Oddyball, Oct 16, 2008.

1. I guess I'm creating this thread for those of you out there who have some weight to lose, but don't really have the motivation to do so. Recently I've packed on the pounds, and I know what I need to do but I have yet to get up and go run run run.

So this thread is for anyone out there who wants to log their information on a daily basis.

(First post your current weight, a little about yourself, how much weight you want to lose. List any plans you have in mind, and then each day reply to the thread with an update).

You can reply with:

- What excises you did today.

- What you ate today

- How much wieght you've gained or lost per day

- Any motivation or questions that you need answers to.

So here we go:

Im 22, 5'10 and am pushing 230 now. Let myself go a bit.

My plan is to start running 2 miles every morning or night minus the weekends.

I give myself 4 months before I'm trim and can fit back into my old jeans and shirts!

I plan on eating healthy (chicken, veggies) no sodas, no sweets, no fatten fast food.

I hereby take this pledge to start my workout tonight and run as much as I can without shitting my pants.

Signed: Oddyball
    Date: 10/16/08

Who's with me here? :wave:

(ps: I'm also taking the pledge to only smoke 2 cigs per day until I can ween myself off of them completely.)

2. #2 eldude-arino, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
    haha... I came here to make a thread on exactly this... only, to document myself, not for others... but I'm game

Im 23, 5'8 and am 185 now.

My goal: 160 in approx 1-1.5 months

My plan is to start lifting using my routine from my college soccer program.
    (I'll be uploading a copy of my schedule shortly)

I plan on eating healthy (chicken, fish, veggies) no sodas, no sweets, no fast food, limited starches (potatoes, corn, etc), and reasonable carbs (complex).

I've forgotten just how good it feels to work out. I literally just finished and did the following:

-Squat: 75x12x3
    -Leg curl: 35x12x3
    -Leg extension: 35x12x3
    -Calf raises: 20x3

These numbers are well short of what I was doing even during my h.s. off season program... and not even close to my college routing... but my aim is and has been lean muscle and muscle endurance, so I do low weight, high rep sets. My indoor season is starting in Nov. and I'll be double rostering on two different teams, different nights. I'd really like to get back to my old form and perhaps be ready to walk on at a local school.... I really miss high-level soccer.

Signed: the dude
    Date: 10/16/08

3. one thing I've found about exercise is the best results come when you write your routine down on paper..

like: 6.15 am get out of bed, 6.30 start exercise (running, weights, or whatever), 7.30 stop exercise and shower, 7.45 breakfast, etc etc

That way you're not focusing on weight or fitness or whatever else, you're just focusing on doing your routine. It makes it a lot more sustainable for a lot longer time.

:hello:

4. Sounds good man. I'm glad you're on board with this.

I was in the Army for 3 years and I was lean. So I mean, I know how to get back into the shape I was in, but it's just getting off my fat butt and doing something about it. I remember how confident I felt when I was trimmer, I could fit into my nice clothes instead of always wearing baggy shit.

My MAIN thing though, with the running, is eating healthy. So here is my QUESTION hehe,

for losing weight, is it better to eat MORE (ie: 6 small meals a day) or eat LESS, ie: not very much?

5. #5 eldude-arino, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
    in my experience, eating right, limiting portion, chewing/eating slower (helps you better identify when you're full), and eating three meals (break., lunch, dinner) + two easy to digest low cal snacks (jell-o, yogurt, unsalted pretzels, etc.) to keep your body metabolizing works best... don't eat after 6-7p and get a full nights rest (8hr.)

incorporating room temp. water when you get hungry but it's not time to eat will trick your body in to feeling full... and remember to replenish fluids... i drink between 3-5 16-oz. bottles of water a day, even when i'm not working out