WorkingMans Redneck Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WorkingMan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Quick update:
    I had some minor rot and mold on the Cheese, but so far all of the Girl Scout is clear.
    the 4 Maui's were small by comparison, 3-5 oz's each. Everyone else is throwing 3/4 to 1lb + per plant at us.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trimmed all day on Thursday outside, Friday I did 8 on the JOB, pulled a transmission from a old Mustang, then trimmed all night. I'm tired, but I'm pushing the team back at it this morning. It's gonna get cold here soon, I gotta get them down.

This years mid-season trimming a feed change have paid off. Far less scrappy stuff, far more big tight nuggets of green goodness....

Later, Back to Work....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Checking in, no photos, I keep forgetting to grab a camera, and I won't use the phone.

The Cheese harvested well but was the worst so far for spots of rot/nasty stuff to throw away. The Cotton Candy Cain harvests GREAT. The Girl Scout harvested GREAT, C99 is next as is the Super Lemon Haze.

We're using a hand crank trimmer now, had to resort to that due to the harvest's success to date. We can't keep up and still keep it on the "low-down" without some help. If I knew I could do this every year I'd buy a powered unit.

I've sent over 500g's of trim off to the guys that make shatter, lets see if they put it to use or waste it. Another 300g's of oddly developed maui went off to a friend who loves edibles, and makes dry ice hash to mix with his butter.
    I've filled 9 cases of 2qt mason jars with bud, 4 hanging racks are full of bud, and I have 6 cases of empties waiting. I hope to need a few more cases. :)

My helpers are getting tired of it but they are being fed well and never go home without a generous sample of their labors. They too have noticed that the aggressive mid-season trimming is without doubt a key to a fulfilled season.

Mother Nature has been more than kind this year, it was dry but it gave me opportunity to feed aggressively. She threw a few storms at me just to let me know she could, but she has given me plenty of dry air at the end of season. I Thank Her.

Oh yea, the Freaking Maui was a small yield, but this shit it GOOOOD.... Pure Sativa...

Gotta get to work, Suns up....
    WM.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Summer harvest is all in and the fall set is half out..
    [​IMG]
    Cloner emptied and all cupped up
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good Morning All, Just a quick note to say hello....
    I ended up with 18 cases of dried goodness.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morning old friend.. 18 cases is a really sweet harvest for sure..
    We dry iced about a 1/4 of summers run so far.. Getting about time for another big hash run..
    I burn through the hash caps fast so a constant supply of the little gems is needed
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Damn man... The day I can plant 28 plants outside... smh...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Morning All,
    Not much time for the journal these days, to bad because it's always good to read back and see what I screwed up... :)

I'm gearing up for 2017. Seeds are on the way, Maui, Tangelope, Super Lemon Haze, and a couple oddballs to try, clones of Blue Cindy and Strawberry Cough are under the dome, and the holes are all ready. (No new ones this year).

I still need to order some worms but I'll wait until late March, and around April I'm ordering Ladybugs this year. I'm also watching for the deal on bagged composted cow manure. I didn't get to the horse barns this winter for manure, so it's too late for it to rot down for this season I think. Oh yea, I need to remember to add some lime to the holes as well.

I'm abandoning one plot this season, it's to out in the open, and every season I've experienced odd deaths in this plot. It's going to get opened completely up, brush cut and mowed, then tilled under. Once that's complete I'll seed it as a food plot for the deer.

The remaining 2 plots will need serviced. The trees need to be dealt with this year. Some need the tops killed off, others need to be dropped and used for cover to make entering the area appealing. I haven't had any trouble, but if the supplies are there to make a natural wall, do it.

I'm feeding Jacks again this year. Last year worked, no need to mess with it. Jacks and silicone, All purpose 20-20-20, then Blossom booster 10-30-12. I'd love to go organic, and once I don't have to hide like a rodent do hone my craft I will, until then, Oh Well....

Okay, that's all for now. I hope you are all well, and Brass, Thanks again....

• Like Like x 3
  9. Glad to see your home safe and sound..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was a great trip, we hope to return., How bad did the rain hurt you? We ended up driving through the mountains on a washed out road after dark in the rain, in a rental. Great times great times..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Started Cracking.....
    Tangilope are up and at it... :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wow,
    I've been slacking on the reports... Let me attempt to get back into it.

13. I posted this on a friend journal, here is the update to present..

Just a quick review of WorkWorld,
    My outdoors got stunted, 6 weeks of rain. I lost 4 plants, and Dad lost 2.
    Dad has a Blue Cinderella and a Maui, I've got the same strains plus 1 Girl Scout, and a few Durbans Poison. Most are around 4' tall, a few are 5', Dads are nearing 6'. Dad lives on the family farm, and is growing his plants right where his grandparents grew the family's vegetables. I gave him a couple of autos to play with, I think I'm going to build him a little grow bench in his heated barn and hook him up with a few auto seeds this winter.
    I have an indoor gig now, 2 rooms and a tent. It's a 5x10 tent I use for vegging, it's not in use atm but will be back in use shortly. I have an assistant that helps keep things moving during trimming and transplanting, I'm getting 6-8 lbs a run, and using the veg tent I can start harvesting and 2 weeks later have the rooms back into flower. I've been running Blue Cindy and Critical Hog, but I just bought 10 Pineapple Express#2 beans for this coming run, along with the Blue Cindy. I have a Double Black seed I wanna try as well.
    BTW, it's still illegal here unless you are one of a few that are permitted do grow medical, you have to have a card to smoke, and the state has total control. So I'm still underground.
    Later....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oh yea, one other thing,
    I retired from the land of having a place of employment. I had a pension kick in, an investment started to pay dividends, and I bought a small company and moved it a different direction, working 8-10 days a month doing some really interesting work. It's not rocket science, just doing oddities. This year I planted a 1.5 acre wildflower garden for a guy, installed 3 large lawns from seed, restored a stone driveway, built a pitchers mound, built a horse pasture that blends in the field and a wooded area, and did a little mowing. Just me and and an occasional helper.
    It's good work.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I wonder if anyone is still out there?

16. upload_2021-6-3_10-18-21.jpeg

BNW

• Like Like x 1