Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Working while high...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by blazengamer, May 15, 2010.

1. hm depends where u work, since u work in a store i woudlnt but like me i work in a parking lot chargin mofos so im always gettin high on my breaks haha

2. Dude do it.

i work at a supermarket and when im high while working everything is so much better and the asshole customers are WAY easier to deal with...WAY EASIER

3. Me and almost half of my department I work in, (I work in a warehouse with forklifts and about 6 departments, toke. We are always high everyday. We are also the most senior group of employees in the department so we really have no worries at all.

4. If you're dealing with customers...

Use eyedrops is all i have to say, most people aren't going to notice if you're high or anything, but if you're working a cash register you won't want to be high (too much to remember).

5. When there is a policy against being intoxicated at work and someone willfully ignores it that shows me they are not an honest person :confused_2:

6. In my opinion, I think it depends on the line of work you're doing.

If you're operating heavy machinery, or doing anything that requires active safety measures, or you are having to maintain a professional attitude - save it for home. It's not worth it to potentially hurt yourself or someone else or lose your job over a plant.

If you're working in food or a job that doesn't require much attention or professionalism, I say go for it. When I worked customer service, I found it a lot easier to do my job when I was lifted. I was in better spirits and could talk down unruly customers or have great conversations with regular folks and get my job done super cake.

Right now, my job is a purely creative one. I've been filming a pro rollerblader and helping piece together edits for his comeback. My boss smokes me out on artisanal bud on days I'm in the office, which involves me editing videos and playing with the office hounds. It's safe to say that job is good to be baked for.

7. To be fair, you do partake in an illegal substance and keep it hidden. :p

But you make a good point. It's not a very honest or professional thing to do.

8. Indeed I do but that's quite a bit different. Nobody is paying me NOT to get high ;)

Like I said I've blazed with a lot of former employees (I'm out of the management game now thank goodness) in approrpiate settings. When they are at work I expect them to be working and not stoned. That's all :)

9. Just out of curiosity, what if you had an employee that performed all of his job duties extremely well and remained professional at all times and you later found out that he had been stoned every day? How would you treat that situation?

10. I take every such situation case by case, but if he had agreed to not smoke while working and did it anyways I would discipline him, up to and including firing. I'm all about honesty. If I can't trust someone's word I don't want them working for me.

That being said I'm also talking about a professional setting. If a boss is OK with it and there's no policy against it there's no reason not to if you can do your job.

My thing is about the lack of honesty it implies, not the impairment per se.

I would however let a medical patient with legitimate need medicate during working hours. Just wanting to be baked isn't a legitimate need ;)

11. Fair enough, I was just curious. :smoking: