Working Two Jobs - Worth It?

Discussion in 'General' started by LieutenantDank, Feb 24, 2007.

1. I recently got a job, and today, I was called for an interview for a second. My current job, which I'll be starting Monday, is waiting tables. Mostly night work. Blockbuster called and offered an interview, and I can probably take it to work there during the days. But is two jobs worth it? On the one hand, I'll be making a ton of money, and could probably afford a decent, new car after a few months. On the other hand, I'd be working probably 60-70 hours a week. But then I'd have enough money to buy weed as well, which would allow me to easily release the stress.

What do you guys think? There is no real NEED for me to work two jobs. In fact, I'll be making a bunch of money just waiting tables. But the desire is still there. Should I try to work two jobs, or just stick with one?

2. Sheit, Id jump all over that opportunity.

3. Go for it. You can always quit one, ja? You might just like the extra cash enough to keep it up. I want to get another job for my offshift days, but I might be put into a nightshift rotation so I have to wait and see what's up with that before I do anything.

Plus, how fucking difficult can blockbuster be? Worst part of the job would be not getting bored.

4. You could easily work at BBuster stoned.

5. Yea, I think I'm going to find a way to work a schedule out for both. I have been crunching some numbers, and it seems like it would be a really good position to be in. When I added up the numbers for my waiting job, based on estimates other people have given me for tips and my past experience, I can pay my bills and afford car payments on a new, cheaper car. I need a new car badly. Mine has almost 200k miles on it, and is getting ready to kick the bucket. If I add in 20-25 hours a week at Blockbuster, I could easily afford the car I want, a new 350Z. I think I'm going to go to the interview, tell them the kind of hours I need, and play it out from there.

6. I was just at Family Video and there was a HUGE ass line and only one worker.... I'm thinking of floating an application. That'd be a sweet job.

7. Here's some adivce, take both jobs and put money away in the bank. Save alot of money man, you never know when you'll NEED to. Plus you'lls till have extra money and shit too :)

8. If you have the time and you can deal with that many hours I don't see why not.

9. If you can handle it and want to save the money or whatever I'd say go for it.

10. Best advise you can get^^^

I wish I would have listen to my parents on this one, I went out and bought the fancy car and nice things, now the company i worked for went under and i am out a job. I am planning on moving out to Oregon in the next month and start over from there. It would be much easier to start over if I had saved that money insted of buying a new car that i wanted but didnt NEED. You never know whats gonna happen next in life so be prepaired for it.

11. I worked two jobs for maybe about two months when I was in high school. I'd work at a car dealership for a few hours and then truck on over to my night job at a liquor store. It was such a drag. Yeah, I had more money, but less free time to spend with my friends.