Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

working out while high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mk9391, May 26, 2010.

1. i habitually do 40 pushups give or take every night
    tonight i was high and did pushups while high
    will this do anything with my muscels?
    i was able to do the same amount so i didn t make me weaker but in terms of muscle growth would weed effect it?
    im high i rlly dnt know if this makes sense

2. Haha no man. As long as you're consuming enough protein and BCAA's to facilitate muscle growth, you'll be fuckin golden.

p.s. - enjoy that shit dude, there's dry spell where i live right now and i can't find any bud. i'm fiendin like a motherfucker lol

3. i dont know. i mean doesnt marijuana temporarely lower testosterone levels? So your recovery growth wouldn't be as great since testosterone is a huge factor

4. Weed does not lower testosterone levels. That's just a myth.

5. thats will just sober u up a little bit

6. Effects of marijuana on testosterone in male subjects.

Barnett G, Chiang CW, Licko V.
    Abstract

Clinical studies have given contradictory reports on the effect of smoking marijuana on the plasma levels of testosterone in males. A reanalysis of existing data established that testosterone levels are depressed both after smoking one marijuana cigarette and after intravenous infusion of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, a pharmacologically active component of marijuana. Simulation of the marijuana interaction, under the assumption that delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits testosterone production or secretion, suggests a minimum of 24 hours are required for testosterone to return to pre-smoking levels. A series of clinical studies are specified to clarify the nature of the interaction.

PMID: 6316036 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

7. haha that is way to scientific to understand:smoke: its needs to be in stoner words

8. haha i just laughed out loud

9. Nope it won't effect you, and about that myth^
    Did you know tobacco use lowers your testosterone if your a guy, if your a girl it lowers estrogen.

10. Marijuana lowers testosterone levels over time. If you get high, it doesn't instantly lower testosterone levels, and then they come back when you are sober. That isn't how it works. Someone who smokes frequently would most likely have a general decrease in testosterone levels over time. So no, working out while high isn't going to affect muscle growth anymore than it would if you worked out sober. The face that you smoke marijuana at all attributes to lower testosterone levels which can affect your ability to gain muscle.

11. hahaha,Dude,i lift weights everyday.Lifting weights + high + music = More Lifting :D

*D- BLOCK!* :metal::bongin::metal:

12. as the article stated, testosterone levels will go back to normal within 24 hours. Muscle repair starts IMMEDIATELY after a workout. That's why people consume simple carbs and proteins immediately after their workout. Now i'm not saying the difference in testosterone is extreme, but long term your gains will not be as great as they had potential for. However, I'm sure you're not serious about gaining muscle since your training only consists of pushups.

13. Not to steal the thread, but will 40 pushups every night before bed actually make a difference? Recently I've been thinking a lot about starting to work out to build a little bit of tone and stuff and I was thinking about this. How long do you think it'd take to see some results?

14. if you do it before bed also consume protein (casein preferred over whey before you go to sleep) Never workout the same body part two days in a row. If you want to workout every night do pushups one night, pull ups the next, and crunches another. then repeat.

15. i wont even get into the effects of steroids..