Working Out While High?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by KurplePush, Jun 15, 2009.

1. old thread but, everyone should try it them self if they're wondering.

i hate it so don't do it. too lazy when high.

2. Hello, happy to find this forum,

Usually too lazy also but I think it's a chance to try something new <3

Thank you.

3. I've always been a bit of a fitness fanatic, which worked out well for me in the Army. I love taking a vape and doing some bodyweight exercises on my mini parallel bars, planks and holds. It's extremely meditative to me, to the point that I came up with several floor moves, where I can stretch, workout and get a massage all at the same time or through a combination of moves, lol... Being baked allows me to really feel all the muscles moving and concentrate on the move and on balance. The key for me, is not too hard of an indica or you will be laid out and not too much sativa or you will feel all the little aches and pains...

In fact, it's time to get to work!
    IMG_1952.JPG

I've never tried running tho... lol..
    Handstands tho!!
    IMG_2943.JPG

~GHG~

4. Thread is old af, but I used to workout high when I was 17, 18, but now I aspire to join the Navy Special Forces upon graduating college and I felt as thought the weed really inhibited me from 1) getting the motivation to go, 2) giving it my all, 3) Indica/indica doms would make me self conscious as hell and make me feel like a noodle compared to everyone else, even 130lb kids (DEFINITELY not the case).

As soon as I stopped smoking before working out, I put on weight and muscle significantly faster. I was honestly at a weight stalemate for about 6 months after senior year ended, and I'm angry at myself because I could have made so much more size progression rather than strength. (TFW I was benching 30 more lbs at 5'9" 150 than my friend at 6' 165... small joints ftw)

Vaping is a different story though, I can push through with a vape high, just not combustion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Congrats on everything but a 6feet dude at 165 is just skinny bro. Everyone could out lift someone at that weight and height. Been there it sucks you look like a tall flamingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm 5'9 162 as of right now, my friend WAS 6' 165 last year.

-Ohhhh wait I think I read your post wrong. My bad man. I'm definitely not a mass monster but I look pretty good for my stats so it's alright

7. Congrats my friend. It sucks being tall because I'm 6'3 210 and I look alright but with a sweater on I look skinny(sort of). I need to bulk to 220 but I'll take my time eventually getting there since I want to be lean. Good luck on your journey !

• Like Like x 1

8. I agree, smoking a joint or ripping a few bowls doesn't really get me up and ready to workout, I speculate because of the number of terpenes that are present in buds, but are removed through the extract process. Pinene is a terpene that gives a heavy narcotic effect and tends to be more prevalent in the indicas.

~GHG~

9. I feel like god going on runs high

10. I feel like Gai Sensei

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Now, I don't really like working out stoned.

12. I went to the gym yesterday high for the first time. I normally would be exhausted after a decent 30 minute session, this time round, I smashed out an entire hour. Time flies so fast, I can push myself further and not feel too much of a burn until I reallllly need to stop and move to a different machine. I did 30 minutes of weights, then 30 minutes with my personal trainer doing more weights and interval training cardio. I think I will get high before the gym, every time!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hell yeah...

To be healthy, rarely get sick, and feel the best you can, you must exercise and take multi vitamins and amino acids after a certain age to supplement the lower levels produced, and even more important, get your rest and sleep. As far as doing all that high... I prefer it (high not stoned), whether it's squats/deadlifts, calisthenics, BJJ, hiking, cycling, swimming whatever. But then again, everyone is slightly different chemically, and smoking different shit.

Get your workouts and rest/sleep in, high or not. Do it consistently and reap the rewards.

14. can't imagine not being high when working out

15. Haven't tried going to the gym baked...yet. However, last Sat I woke up too late to make my exercise class so I just stayed home smoked a fat bowl, gathered some free weights, got a cup of coffee and put on some hip hop competitions on utube. I was able to work out longer and focus on my form and add more sets. It really helped and was fun.

16. lately i've been focusing more on mobility training, partially to recover from some injuries and partially to improve flexibility and balance ... and perhaps reap some other benefits along the way.

for those who may not know this is mostly referred to as locomotion training. doing that high is a helluva fun...

• Like Like x 1
  17. yo ALOT of people have success with this, although I personally probably wouldn't be able to do it....

18. I only work out high. Feels the best that way and I get the most out of my work outs that way.

Usually go with Jack Herrer or Sour D before. Pop in some good tunes and go at it.

I even do cardio after I get high, but when I play my sport I play it completely sober (soccer). Can't play high at all, I only get high when its a net positive.

19. Sativa give u energy and single mindedness.

Smoke and go hard!