Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Working out... high.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Xanxibar, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Lets all keep this on the down low before they make cannabis a performance enhancing drug ;).

2. sounds intersting

3. I started working out high lately and have noticed improvement. So it must somehow still build muscle.

4. there's some truth to the post regarding the physical therapist's thoughts. THC does relax muscles, but that doesn't give them flexibility like stated. This relaxed state lowers the threshold for tearing, as well as lessens strength. i'm not really sure it would be better to lift weights while high or not, i suppose that depends on the individual. one thing is for sure though, you do need to be careful doing this because like i said you will be weaker whether or not you notice it and you can be injured performing strenuous exercises such as weight lifting.

:smoking:

5. If you work out it increases the production of serotonin in the brain which is one of the chemicals ecstasy increases the production of which makes you feel so good while on e.
    So it actually would make you feel really really good while your high aswel. Maybe that's why some people are addicted to working out

6. i work out high prolly 70% of the time. i love it. thing is, after a set, i find myself just staring into the mirror into nomans land haha...then i realize im stoned..itsl ike when you stop the activity you get a rush of high..

7. I like lifting when I'm high, but It has to be Sativa for the most part. I get lethargic from indicas, and working out isn't as fun. But when I got that head high, I zone the fuck out and put of heavy weight easier, and can push my self to limits I don't have when I'm sober. It's almost like I don't have limits (lifting wise) when I'm high.

Sometimes I like lifting high, sometimes I regret it. Mainly when I regret it, I've been smoking pot all day, and decided to lift, and am burnt out.

Personally I'd rather lift sober, because I feel like I'm cheating using pot when I lift. I'd rather lift w/o the aid of the mara-juan.

8. I love running and lifting weights high, weed essentially makes me a super human

9. I'm the same way, when I'm high I can get in those last three reps that really burn, when I'm not high and I work out I tend to stop one rep into the burn. Plus it makes the post-workout shake taste a little less shitty

10. i hate working out when im high. i always feel lost in my big gym. and confused about which machine to use next. when im with a friend though its not so bad because they point in the right direction and keep pushing me when i feel like stopping. definitely dont have the same motivation that i otherwise have though.

11. Unlike creatine, muscle milk, and all those wacky (and completely not pallet cleansing) powders to "enhance muscle gain"?

12. Working out high after vaporizing while listening to some tunes = best healthy experience.

13. was actually going to go lift after smokin a few bowls today...but got scared it would get me hurt :(

14. yeah man im totally opposite. i can't lift my maxes worth shit when high. In fact, I can barely lift 135 on bench lol. but it's fun playing baketball high.

15. I've never worked out sober...

16. I would go to football practice high as shit. I turned into fucking reggie bush on that bitch hahaha.

17. Just make sure it's sativa, one time i tried with indica and just laid on the bench staring at my garage ceiling for 30 minutes. lmfao.

18. i usually take a pre workout supplement like nitrous to get energy.. getting high i will wait for after so i can eat lots of proteins from getting the munchies and it helps me relax after.. do it this way trust me working out high is dumb if you're trying to get gains.. wait till after and its rewarding

edit: i did go to lacrosse practice high as shit all the time and was able to focus real well i played really well in games high also, i was always good at the sport so its not like weed made me amazing

19. I would rather play some games. Does working out kill the high? I wanna try it.

20. working out high allows you do to do many more reps and you are much more focused on your form