Working out early in the morning and when to eat

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by weedwasted, Jan 13, 2014.

1. So I'm doing:

heavy cardio (triathlon training)
    mon/wed 8am

weight training
    tue/thursday at 8:30am

Should I eat prior to these workouts? If so what should I eat and how long before the workout?

2. Thanks a lot for the reply bud. Hoping to see progress soon :DSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Don't want to slow yourself down, but if you're stomach is really growling, I think something light and full of carbs would be best. The body can easily break them down for energy. For me it's usually a slice of brown bread with a little jam.

4. Protien synthesis happens within 30 minutes of working out.Working out in the morning will also boost your daily metabolism.For best results work out asap and eat a high protien breakfast immedietly afterwardsSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Id recommend eating a fruit before the workout though to give you some energySent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Banana, there is a chemical in bananas that lower your percent of muscle cramps. There is a lot of chemicals in bananas but save that for another day. Lol

I would recommend bananas

7. Wake up, slam two large glasses of water.

Eat an apple or take supplements. My supp mix is liquid vitamins plus some herbs and extracts like antler velvet, capsicum,damiana.

Then bring big travelers cup of coffee for before and during workout. Be sure to drink lots of water during workout also.

I get best results from this and also agree about looking into intermittent fasting. I wouldn't have believed it at first but it feels great to train in the morning on an empty stomach.