Working on the 4th of July and the day after

Discussion in 'General' started by Toxy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. #1 Toxy, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    I have to work on the 4th and then I work 5am the next day. :cry:
    I'll probably just get baked before since my managers won't be working so that'll be chill, but yeah haha.

Anyone else feel my pain? :bongin:

2. Probably those without jobs are not feeling Your pain. :smoke:

3. done that before. when i worked at an retirement home kitchen... worked there 3 years and worked all holidays. i think i got maybe one newyears eve off or something. just grind on and hope they give you holiday pay!

4. I bet you made lots of molla :)

5. it was a 9pm to 3am shift. overnite cleaning and breakfast prep. awesome job, no benefits to speak of, or significant pay, i was making $9.50/hr. weak. but after the first 3 hours, i was done, go out back and burn, come back in and prep some sandwiches for the residents for midnight snacks, chat with the nurses and hear stories of the dirty old men in the place. hilarious!

6. #6 azcactus, Jun 28, 2013
    I really can't tell if you are complaining or bragging, but if you are complaining, continue reading.

It happens. You are not a kid anymore. You are working for the employer, not the other way around. I did grocery retail for 17 years, 1979-1996, and a lot of times had to work holidays.

Grow up and deal with it. The  people under 30 feel that they have so much entitlement to crap. Get over it and work when you are scheduled to.

7. That sounds pretty cool, I bet you had some pretty stoned and enlightening late night talks haha. :)

8. Fuck working the 4th of july thats my bday!! I will work any other day of the year even christmas, but i would call in sick if they had me scheduled for july 4th. I'm gonna party.

9. #9 Toxy, Jun 28, 2013
    Woah there lol. I was just looking to see if anybody was on the same boat as me. I didn't even say it sucked or anything you just made it seemed like I was extremely upset hahaha. It sucks yeah, but I'm not that upset about it :confused_2:

10. That guy was waiting for someone to antagonize with caps ^^  :laughing: 

Read the top of my post please. You really didn''t say in your OP if you were happy or sad. Couldn't tell.

If I am that guy you are referring to, that was not my intent. I only came on here today to post a new thread about flushing my plants. Royal Flush is title. Has had 11 views, 3 by me, but no comments. Anyhow, sorry if I sounded pissy, but I just remember having to work all holidays, not every year, didn't like it, but had to do what I was asked since I worked for them. 
    Wanting to start a Pawn Shop soon. Name it Pawn, Gone and Glass. Sell some smooth tobacco smoking items in the back. Pawn shops are making 15-19% interest on short term loans. Better than any bank.