Working immediately after a tattoo?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by TheSingingStoner, Mar 23, 2018.

1. I'm getting tattooed on my arm tomorrow pretty much right after my tattoo is done. I'm going to be washing dishes/handling food l a lot and I need tips on keeping it clean please.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018

You shouldn't keep your tattoo in water for long periods of time until it's healed, i have tattoos all over also don't go out in the sun with your tattoo exposed, i did once & now my tattoo raises up every time i go out in the sun lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Should I keep it wrapped through my shift? And sun isn't an issue. I work nights

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forearm, not upper arm

• Like Like x 1

5. If you can keep it wrapped & change it if you feel it's getting wet

6. Rub it with ointment and put saran wrap over it. That will keep the water out.

7. I second this. ^^

8. You’ll need to keep it wrapped for a certain amount of hours after first getting it then let it breath to heal. Healing my be slowed if you have to keep it wrapped 40 hrs a week. Did you discuss touch up with your artist.

9. I don’t envy you, and the itching you will have to endure.

Actually I do. I want another tattoo!

I’m hoping to see pics of your new arm art.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Ran into paperwork issues so I'm getting it done either tuesday or wednesday

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah. My price includes a touch up within the first year. But I realized that night when I worked that I'll be fine. It'll be mid forearm on my non-dominant hand and that doesnt often get wet. If it does theres paper towels nearby.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1522309245138.jpg