Working at Home Depot?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cubic Cuban, Mar 12, 2011.

1. I've applied to Home Depot online. I only selected the openings that didn't require drug tests and my dad is partners with the home depot, so he's gonna talk to them about me. Anyway, hopefully I get an interview, but they won't drug test right?

2. I can't really comment on whether or not they'll do drug tests at home depot, but I'd just like to offer my sympathies on living in a country where it seems like most companies do have tests.

I've lived in both Spain and the UK and have never worked for or even heard of a company doing drug tests.

It pisses me off that perfectly decent people are treated that way. But that's a hot topic that I'm not going to delve to deeply into on this thread.

Good luck with the job application!

3. ^Thanks man. YEah this system pisses me off, if one of my employers asks me to do a dt I'm gonna flat out tell him 'NO!'

4. You must not really need the job

5. This.

6. Most companies that I know of here in America only test if they suspect drug use. I've never seen anybody RANDOMLY tested. I've seen people screened when they apply, but they're usually not tested once they have the job.

7. HD tests all applicants. They also test you if you have an accident or injury.
    I worked there for a while...