Working as a night stocker?

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingTree, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Does anyone have experience as a night stocker? I figured it would be a decent job, and I like working at night. Does anyone know if this kind of job pays more since it's overnight shift?

2. I did over night stocking at Toys R Us for about 3 weeks. We got paid...a dollar more or 50 cents an hour. You should be getting paid more, however; it was the worst job I've had.

3. I used to stock at a gas station at all hours of the day and night. No different pay for any specific shift, except on holidays.

I fuckin' loved that job! So incredibly easy.

4. Most boring job ever.

5. being a night stalker is awesome

6. my sister is an operator at a hospital 3rd shift...it blows cause her sleeping schedule is bad, honestly unless you wanna sleep at 7 AM til 4pm just to get about 8 hours, or 4 pm til 11 when you go in, then you'll be restless all day

7. You have to make your own fun sometimes.

Sometimes when stocking the cooler I would talk to myself in funny voices. Example: a pirate arguing with a British guy about which beer should be closer to the front of the aisle. Sure did get some funny looks from customers who heard me, though :D

8. I applied to safeway as a night stocker and food clerk.

Is night stocking a job you can go blazed to?

9. Well it really depends on your co-workers, and how much you have to interact with them. I was able to go to work while I was so much more than blazed...:D

10. I work as a day stocker so night can only be better.

11. I think it would be chill. Just stocking the ol' shelves, making money. I wonder if it is like a set amount you havew to stock per shift, or just as needed or what.

12. Learn how to be a good tree climber at night.

13. I work as a night stalker. Terrible hours but I can get great views on that hot neighbor :p

14. I want to work as a night stalker just so I can call myself Jack the Ripper

15. I work at walmart as a night stocker i make $10.45/hr and it can be pretty stressful when we get hit with a ton of freight and you have over 400 pieces work and you are suppose to do a box a minute so 60 boxes an hour

16. What do you mean, "you are supposed to do one box a minute." What does that mean exactly?

17. #17 Facetiousone, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    While stocking, your performance is gauged by your speed. The way they do this is by counting your cases and timing you. At the end of your time they divide your cases by your time. A case a minute means 60 cases per hour. 60 cases per hour is the most common minimum. If your having trouble meeting the minimum, a great resource is fasterstock

18. If you're putting up 60 cases per hour, they're making an obscene amount of money off your labor.

19. its all going to come down to how busy the store is. when i stocked (day) it seemed like the harder you worked the more shit you had to do... stocking fucking sucked and i will never do that again. easily the worst possible job.

20. I stock in the early mornings at petsmart. I usually start at 4am, so when I get off work, it feels like it should be the evening, but it's still pretty early in the day.