work

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hannibalhekki, Jan 30, 2009.

1. i've been working for this company for a little over 2 years (3 in june) by no means is this a big company. its basically just my coworker, me, and my boss. now we have exploded and have become nationally known and have projects all over the nation!:hello: just recently my boss was diagnosed with cancer and went in for surgery and chemo. three weeks ago he died because of the chemo. so i do my hardest with what work and knowledge i have to help run the company and get new clients in. well my coworker looks like is going his own way but using the company as his saftey net! and we have what looks like a co-owner (the wife took over) and he looks cool and all, but it looks like there are deals going on under the table, and i really hate to see this go on with the company that gave me and my co-worker so much! my co-worker is around 36 and im 21. what should i do? what would you do? take the high road and ignore it all, do as he does and do projects at home and bank it, or tell the boss lady whats up? i don't wanna be a snitch but my boss was a really great man and i wanna do right by him. what do you guys think?

2. Hey man atleast if you take the high road you dont get fired and your still getting money.

3. Somehow you need to get this other guy cancer too.

4. If you want to do right by your boss, take the high road. There's absolutely no sense in causing his grieving widow more stress by ratting on this kid. He'll get his sooner or later.

5. take the high road, and be as noble as you can be.

6. What is the guy doing?

7. take the highroad. karma is real and he'll get his. don't stoop to his level.

8. were an engineering company and he's basically taking some of the work home. all for his profit. in other words stealing potential clients and existing clients.

so i should stick in till the bitter end huh!? thats what i was thinking of doing anyways. i can't be like that to my mentor may he R.I.P.

9. I don;t know that's a pretty rough decision. What that guy is doing is wrong and hurting the company, so potentially hurting yourself and your co-worker. Also take into consideration the other workers in the business.

You said you don't want to hurt the widow, but when this douche fucks shit up in an economy that is right now shit, won't that be hurting her? Do what you think is right, morally or ethically. But stopping an idiot before he does more damage to everyone is always cool. But hey that's just me man. :smoking: