Work places now testing for synthetic MJ... WTF?

Discussion in 'General' started by skinart, May 11, 2011.

1. Hey everyone ...

I live in Australia where synthetic MJ is legal, but now my workplace ... won't mention what industry ... has started testing for it ....

I'm not here to start any wars, but isn't this like testing for say alcohol? There both legal right? Can a workplace stop you from working if you have a perfectly legal over the counter product in your system?

I'm out raged ....

Thoughts?

2. #2 dub5ack, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    In my opinion no, but corporations always seem to do what they please and get away with it.

Is it a career oriented job? or just a part time gig?

3. I guess it don't matter to say ... it's the mining industry ... they just tested a few crews here and about 8% of the 1000 people at the mine that was tested was positive lol

4. If they say you can't have it in your system, they are virtually saying you can't drink alcohol on the weekends either? That's how I see it ... what do yas think?

5. i agree but its their company so technically they can do what they want. they could also fire for alcohol if they truly pleased. they prob think that if u are using synthetic mj its so you can pass their drug test till you can smoke real mj...fuck em

6. Yeah because your a liability for them when you come into work drunk or falling asleep because you took a "perfectly legal over the counter product"

7. ^ poster above me got it!

Of course they can do this.

If MJ ever became legal, I imagine tons of companies would still drug test and not hire you if THC was in your system.

8. Ok so when my local Chinese Restaurant is burning Kronic incence (because they can its legal) and I place an order and inhale some of it, I should loose my job over it? lol

What it comes down to is "God Mode" they do what they want and we have to comply

/rant over

9. If you don't like it. You don't have to work for their company. Period.

Also, incense isn't a mind altering substance you inhale on purpose to get high.