Words of advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by KRUPTED, Jan 20, 2012.

1. I picked up Blue Dream, chemdog, sensi star, & Bubblegum, clones. Does anybody have experiance or words of wisdom with any of these? Im researching ,but personal experiance is best! Thanks...

2. what planting materials or amendments do you have available?

do you have a good source of worm castings?

are you doing ACT's and what's your recipe?

do you do any foraging or fermented plants?

3. KRUPTED,

The best and most honest advice I can give you is to forget that you're even growing cannabis and focus on the fact that you're growing an annual plant. At the end of the day, if you hone your skill sets at growing plants, you'll be able to grow any strain with ease and efficiency.

The one thing that will set your grow apart from others is the quality of the worm castings or compost you include in your soil. There is some good information here on EWC and it's benefits in growing PLANTS.

HTH

chunk

4. Ok , a little more info might be helpful...lol Heres what Im woking with....ff ocean forest soil cut 50% promix bx soil, then add 2 cups wiggle worm ewc, a few big hand fulls of Savanah Gold organic compost, 1 cup alfalfa meal, 1 cup kelp meal, 1/2 cup Rare Earth premium silicate/leonardite, 1 cup bone meal, 1 cup greensand, 1 cup dolomite lime,1 cup rock phosphate, 3/4 cup happy frog guano, and some extra perlite.....I get moist not soaked let cook for about a month before use.
    I am playing with aact... Ewc and compost, a little molasses, a shot of thrive alive b1, kelp meal, let bubble for 30hrs. I make about 3 gallons. Folier feed every 2 week, soil drench 1 time around week 5 flower. I also just got a bottle of dark energy to try.
    My experiance is past noob, but still lots to learn. I just got weaned off the "BOTTLE" and just kinda put bits an pieces I have read about organic, got what I could and just started playing. So please be forgiving... lol..
    Oh and I have picked up the International House of Guano kit but have not used any yet. I figure/hope my soil should be well stocked for several weeks. I have grown white rhino, nyc sour diesel, and super skunk. I did pretty well, but this was always with the entire fox farm nute line and soil. It always seemed like a battle with ph, cal/mag etc. So this is what I got. If anybody can help put together a feeding schedual, or anything else would be great. At this point everything seems to be fine. I will post pics tomarow..
    What I was wondering on my new strains was if anyone has grown it before ,do they like a heavy/light feed..top not to top..sog or scrog, that type of stuff. Stuff the seed banks dont tell ya, only hands on experiance can.
    Thanks for your time and comments....PEACE....

5. a year ago i started growing organic by planting in compost instead of straight coco. Unfortunately I was still using Potanicare and Gumboldt nutrients, I had a great harvest but things didnt add up and i stopped growing for the better part of a year.

When I started back up again i was determinted to keep it organic this time, so I did what I do while leaving my bottles, in a corner where they collected dust. my first all organic run was OK but I had fungus gnat problems, and things were just oddly adjusted. This is the same for my second run, and probably the third, but it gets better. And my yields were lower but I dont regret leaving the bottles alone in the least.

I can tell ya right now if your going to grow organic its not about thrive alive or dark energy. these things will only distract from your efforts to learn how to grow organic. IDK? return them to the store? say it taste's bad and you want your $ back or it killed your plant? Or sell on the CL ?? or the GC bay? But if you're doing compost teas these products will mess it up.

on that same note, if you have the variables correct (a cup ewc, t. alfaflafa, 1/3 cup kelp meal per gallon, bubbled at minimum 15 LPM's, no dead zones, and 75-85 degrees f, for 24-36 hours MAX) your compost tea will hold it all together for you. No bottles, no problems.

as for your strain and feeding inquiry, I recommend you look at some of the soil mixes around here, MIW for example, shows how different strainswill look the same when theyre treated the same, nd you can also learn a good deal about soil building there "wolverine mix". I don't think it's about giving every plant the special attention like the grow bibles and hydro store ads suggest. It's all MJ and they should all yield heavily if given all the organic goodies and TLC you'll supply. Strain info can still be useful like harvest dates. OK KRUPTD, hope that helped.... :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

6. Please keep in mind FFOF has enough amendments in it for 30 days for most plants. With all your amendments and FFOF your soil could be a bit hot. I am using a similar mix with no where near the added amendments you are using. I am 3 weeks into veg and all plants look wonderful. Feel free to check out my grow and soil formula. I am not saying my way is the only way. I am just saying it is working well for me. Good luck to you in whatever decision you make. Have a great weekend.

MGB

7. The best advice I've seen here is Chunks -

Forget you're even growing marijuana, let alone different strains. Learn how to "garden" , not specifically cannabis, with good quality compost/vermicompost/earthworm castings and your harvests will be beautiful and bountiful, whatever you're growing, whether its beets, tomatoes or cannabis.

Jerry.

8. Ok thanks, all great info!! Here is where Im at with my organic gardens. (please excuse the mess, im here to clean..) These are 24 days flower. 1 pic with more / smaller plants is 9 days, ... My next question is should I goto larger pots? I use 2 gallon now.....

9. IMO, more roots = more shoots. I'd go to #5's or #7's.

chunk

10. Bubblegum is one of my fav's, but it can vary from company to company, do you know who's it is? I have grown almost everyones BG since the 80's....repost if you have the breeder that produced it's name.

I am growing a BlueDream x Big Bud right now, that is HUGE, it might be the BB portion of the parentage that is causing this, but you might look into overall size of BlueDream just in case it too is supposed to be a monster plant. It isn't sexed yet, which leads me to think it's probably just a big male, but the trunck is like the circumference of a quarter, and the thing is only 7.5 weeks old in veg in a ONE gallon container...easy to grow comes to mind.

Chemdog reeks. Treat accordingly. It can overpower a single inline carbon filter by midflower. Worth it.

11. [quote name='"SkunkPatronus"']

Bubblegum is one of my fav's, but it can vary from company to company, do you know who's it is? I have grown almost everyones BG since the 80's....repost if you have the breeder that produced it's name.

I am growing a BlueDream x Big Bud right now, that is HUGE, it might be the BB portion of the parentage that is causing this, but you might look into overall size of BlueDream just in case it too is supposed to be a monster plant. It isn't sexed yet, which leads me to think it's probably just a big male, but the trunck is like the circumference of a quarter, and the thing is only 7.5 weeks old in veg in a ONE gallon container...easy to grow comes to mind.

Chemdog reeks. Treat accordingly. It can overpower a single inline carbon filter by midflower. Worth it.[/quote]

Im not sure what company the Bubble Gum came from. Really any of them. A friend from Cali was passing thru and hooked me up with them. None are labled but bubblegum and blue dream.
    I have NYC Sour Diesel and its alot like Chemdog. YES it does STANK!! Also one of my favs!! Sooooo easy to grow.
    Thanks for the reply....PEACE

12. [quote name='"MGB"']Please keep in mind FFOF has enough amendments in it for 30 days for most plants. With all your amendments and FFOF your soil could be a bit hot. I am using a similar mix with no where near the added amendments you are using. I am 3 weeks into veg and all plants look wonderful. Feel free to check out my grow and soil formula. I am not saying my way is the only way. I am just saying it is working well for me. Good luck to you in whatever decision you make. Have a great weekend.

MGB[/quote]

I cut my ffof 50/50 with promix bx. Its not as strong. So far so good. They are nice green and healthy looking. Nothing has burnt yet. All I have added to flowering plants is a aact that I listed above, and a dash of ewc, and compost on top layer. My fingers crossed!! Thanks..PEACE!

13. [quote name='"chunkdaddyo"']

IMO, more roots = more shoots. I'd go to #5's or #7's.

chunk[/quote]

I got a few 5 gallon bags. I will give it a try. Thanks!

14. I'm responding to a post a ways back so understand this is where I'm coming from. I'm tired of hearing organic grows yield less. The yield is not an organic or chemical argument, yields are all about dialing in or maximizing your grows. I regularly out yield bigger grows with ease. But it's due to lights and environment and genetics more so than fertilizer types. You can push plants more with chemicals in hydro for sure, but you get what you put into it.

If it's all about yields, you could grow organically then dose with chems like the big pumpkin guys do, but then they don't eat their big assed pumpkins either.....MIW

15. Not sure where this came from, but couldn't agree more. Plus I don't have plants that die on me now, so there's that too...

Dead plants aren't usually high yeilders....

I crack myself up.

Tru tho.

16. #16 Bag O Weed, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    Watch your plant heights. Try to keep them somewhat even by training or raising if need be. I wouldn't normally recommend so many different strains under the same light. Makes it harder to control your room (and can effect yield if you are not careful). But in the end you will reap the rewards of the variety.

I am also a fan of bigger containers. I rather have to much soil then limit growth by not having enough. 5 gallons +. If you are doing a long veg time you may want more.

17. Strain info can still be useful like harvest dates.

I used to go thru the whole "dating each pot", etc...so that I could keep track.

I dont bother anymore. Now i just wait until theres no way that the gals could go another day in flower...and then I wait another week.

drippin'.

jerry.

18. Over all I just want quality smoke. I grow for my own use. Not all strains will grow at same time. Maybe 2 strains per room.
    Right now I have a FF grow going and my organic attempt. Honestly both look pretty healthy and evenly sized. At harvest what ever taste and smokes best (and alive..lol).... Well then thats the best way for me.
    Thanks, again for all the great info..