Wootas' 2nd Grow Journal *organic* JCPurp, BBCheese, and New GHC Strains!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wootas, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Hey GrassCity :smoking:

Welcome to my second GC indoor grow journal! Most regulars to this section should know me by this point from my first grow, where I began growing the Jesus Christ Purple strain, and Big Buddha Cheese. My first grow journal was definately one for the books, so you guys should know what to expect here, and it's only getting better this time around. Anyone new to my thread, you can expect plenty of useful information and discussion to follow, along with frequent updates, always with numerous quality pictures :D

Genetics I have aquired the #1 BB Cheese phenotype, and along with my JCPurple, I keep the females of these two strains going through clones. I also recently aquired a few Green House Company breeders packs, and am in the beginning stages of adding a few new strains to my continuous grow. I had 8 out of 10 germ and pop for me: 3 Hawaiin Snow, 2 Lemon Skunk, 2 Super Silver Haze, and 1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze. I plan to veg. these new strains until I can take a clone from each in order to keep until I have determined which plant (assuming some pheno variance in the strains) of each strain will be my keeper for long term clonage. The original 8 will find themselves outside this spring, if all goes as planned, but that is a whole nother grow when the time comes :wave: I intend to keep all the strains continuous indoor once the new phenos have been narrowed down to the best of each.

Vegetative I use a custom made 8 site bubble cloner to keep my strains going, and have always achieved 100% success within 1.5 weeks with it. A 4' 6 bulb T-5, with 6500k bulbs does exactly the job I need it to, for my application.

Flowering A homebox L fits my needs and has worked excellently for me thus far. I keep it cooled with inline duct fans, 6" for intake, 6" for cooltube intake, and 8" for exhaust on top. Currently, a 400 watt HPS is doing the job, on a self built magnetic ballast. I intend to upgrade to a 600 watt HPS with an electronic ballast soon.

Medium / Nutes As stated in the thread title, my grows are done using completely organic soil additive ferts. I've spent almost a year refining my own mix, and currently use the following, mixed in my own ratios: Gardener's Gold organic potting mix, pearlite, vermiculite, and garden lime. I use Espoma brand organic nutrients, premixed with the soil as well. For Veg. I use Plant-Tone all purpose 5-3-3. For flowering I've started using a mix of Rose-Tone 6-6-4, and Flower-Tone 3-5-7 for this current run. (less total N% and more K%) All watering is done with tap water, adjusted to pH in the range of 6-6.5.

Some of the cured Cheese #1 from last grow
    [​IMG]

3 jcp 5 cheese #1
    [​IMG]

new GHC strains
    [​IMG]

cooltube
    [​IMG]

2 jcp 6 cheese #1 flowering 2 wks
    [​IMG]

2 jcp about 8 wks in
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's get this new thread rollin! :smoking:

2. Extremely nice man, I'll deffinately be watching this and can't wait to see the final results.

3. Looking super nice man. I love organic grows, thats how I go myself as well. Ill definitely be watching this one.

4. Your JCP grow was the first journal I read on gc... watching and learning man

5. im on board for this one as well

6. looks like one hell of a grow brewing up, i really liked that JP last time round and im lookin foward to your new strains, especially that strawberry haze,:D

7. I'm back to watch round 2 thanks for sharing

8. signing up for this one wootas!

:wave:

9. very excited for this one =)

10. very nice grow,when is harvest?

11. I'd like to thank everyone so far for tuning in! The 2 big JCP look to have another week or so to finish fully, they're packin up good now :D I'll get some new pics up tomorrow :wave:

12. Can't wait to see!!

13. I took a few quick shots before the lights turned on in the tent this morning, everything is looking good as usual :smoking:

The cheese #1's are starting to develop quickly, as they are only about 2 weeks into flowering at this point. You can clearly see the large amount of trichrome production, even this early, including the fan leaves, which remain trich'ed up even throughout veg. :D

[​IMG]

The 2 large JCP look to be getting closer to finished. I'll have a better idea what I want to do with them in a few days.. Looking good though, this is my third 12/12 run with this purple pheno and it's very very pretty to see :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The potted clones I have under the T-5 are growing super fast and I've begun topping most of them to my liking, as they will be vegging for another 7 or so weeks. I'm going to be potting up the GHC seedlings today, I've had them in small cups too long as it is already, they should pick up the pace soon after they suck up my soil mix ;)

Thanks to everyone so far for checking in! :wave:

14. ILL BE TUNNED IN FOR THIS ONE WOOTAS, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SUPER SILVER HAZE WAS SMOKING THAT LAST NIGHT AND IT IS A TOP HIGH GRADE SMOKE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT MAN IM THINKING ABOUT ADDING THE SUPER SILVER HAZE TO MY COLLECTION OR BLUEBERRY SKUNK NOT QUITE SHORE YET BUT KEEP IN TOUCH PAL :wave::wave::wave:

15. Cut the 2 big purps today, looks awesome! Here's some updated pics of the 8 left (6 bbc 2 jcp) in the tent and the veg area. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Looking great as usual dude. I wish one day our paths would cross so I could try that JCPurp. Thanks for pictures man!

17. Yeah, if you ever have any excess that you need to get rid of... I'm just a FedEx away!

18. phenomenal:hello:
    can't wait to taste that JCP again:smoke:

19. Wootas, just got done reading your first journal and I have to say all 21 pages were quite informative. You know how to grow some serious nug my friend. I myself have recently started a grow of BBC, and seeing your results I'm extremely excited. Can't wait to see the Arjan's, that's one of my favorites! Keep it up, I'm on board for this one.

20. Glad you're back with more man! Looks great.