Woodstock

Discussion in 'General' started by Kingmvp420, Feb 17, 2015.

1. I've been researching Woodstock a lot lately, and I've been in absolute awe around the peace, love, and music.

I've always wanted to talk or hear first hand experiences from it, but I don't know anyone who has ever attended.

With that, I was curious if any of you blades may have had the once in a lifetime opportunity to attend the renown '69 Woodstock.

If so, I'd love to hear what you remember (if anything) about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You do realise that Woodstock was 45+ years ago?
    Someone who was 16 at the time would now be in their 60's.

3. I think he if knows it was in 1969 he realizes it was a long time ago.

4. Apparently it was literally a shitshow because in order to get the farmers to agree to hold the festival, they lied about the numbers and only had bathroom/food facilities for the numbers they gave the farmers. But like 5x as many people showed up so people just did their business wherever.

5. #5 Winter.B., Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Funny thread. Look, I'm 27 years old and it can seem funny to think it was that long ago but hey, time goes in a fucking flash.... Smoke up and enjoy the footage available to us young guns ;)  :smoke:  (Well, you might not be a young gun so I should say footage to those of us still living haha).....

*Edit* Not that my comment would be irrelevant but I must be more tipsy than I initially realised because what I thought was the original thread was the second comment haha oh well..

6. I realize that it was really old, but I do know that there are some old tokers on this page, and I was hopin someone could give us some personal experiences.

7. Godamn hippies!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Sorry, I was around, but bumming around some southeast Alabama shit hole during the festival. It was just another few nights of tokin up on the dirt roads, catfishing , drinking beer and think in bout girls.....

9. i was there when all of a sudden a wind/rain storm rolled through.. they told me to get off the tower but i climbed higher!

10. Get outta here 😂

Oh hey for sure I'm not giving you shit I wish I was there and always love hearing stories from people who were there. Just been drinking when I posted ;)

12. My teacher/friend was there in his youth. I don't recall ever asking him if he smoked the occasional weed (at the time of woodstock) or anything of that sort, but I do find it decently possible considering the times.

The two biggest comments I recall hearing from him were that the drugs were real. The experimentation and the unmentionables were real. He said it was too much for him.

Secondly, he found it to be a disgrace when Jimmy played the National Anthem haha.

13. I wasn't there, but I dated a girl back then who had been there. I don't remember any stories from her though. :(

14. My pops went. I've heard stories but nothing too interesting

15. Old timer who attended, even bought the tix ahead of time. How can be of assistance?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. It was a fun movie to get higher too ...