Woodshop accidents.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thedeadwalkk, Nov 16, 2010.

1. So does anyone else on GC have a horror story about your woodshop/working classes?

This happened when i was in grade 8 and almost as careless as someone could be. I was using the belt sander and sanding down some headlights for a truck i was making. I wasn't paying attention and the wood square slipped in between the platform, and the sanding belt. I was pushing on the square before this happened so my fingers slipped in with it. The sanding belt got cought on three of my fingers, two on my right and one on my left hand. I pulled my hands away and looked at them in shock. I called out to my teacher for help but he thought i was joking. This kid told him that i wasnt joking and he turned around, and yelled out "OH FUCK! someone call the fucking nurse". So long story short three of my fingers were sanded down to the bone, with the tip of the finger bone sticking out on all three fingers.
    Anyone else have some horror stories?

2. So you can only type with one hand now? That sucks bro, that paragraph must have killed...

3. i can type fine for the most part. I just have almost no feeling in those fingers.

4. This was actually in metals/autos shop... but whatever.

This kid was head to toe covered in grease and oil and what not, from working on his car all morning. He is working on the brake lathe, turning a rotor.. when all of a sudden a spark flies and his coveralls lit up in a fraction of a second. Everyone was freaking the fuck out, and this kid was getting severely burned because the overalls weren't coming off of him. Eventually he got the coveralls off, and he was driven to the ER.

That was the last we saw of that kid for a good 2 months.

5. shit thats pretty rough

6. i stuck my pee pee in the chuck of a drill one time and guned it in hammer mode.

no but seriously when i was i kid i was wearing a long sleave shirt, and put the tinyest little peice of the sleave into the chuck and tightened it, than pulled held the trigger and watched it spin.

it was fun untill it twisted up all my shirt and pinched the skin ripping off a huge chunk .its about the size of a quarter now, but it was HUGE when i was little.

my neighbour got his finger caught in a robotic vice one time. took his whole finger off.

7. this one teacher i TA'd for in high school told me about how he prevented an accident in woodshop, at the expense of something else haha
    he said some kid would play with his tech deck (fingerboard/those little skateboards) near one of the saws ALL the time and he would ask him to stop but he would never listen. so after about a month of not listening, he finally got tired of that kid and took the tech deck, told the whole class to see what happens when you don't obey safety rules, and sawed it in half in front of the whole class lol

kinda random, but seeing the word woodshop always reminds me of this haha

8. My old autos teacher did that with a cellphone once. He also took a blowtorch to an ipod. Makes him sound like a hardass but he was actually pretty cool, he just didn't like people goofing off in shop class.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9F9Gm_BDU]YouTube - Beavis and Butthead Wood Shop[/ame]