Wood Stock

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xbow, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Hey Guys, Im woundering if any one has had this problem.... my plant has formed a hard wooden like stem only @ the base. It is vary course and appears to have a skin around it.. The top and middle stem of the plant is healthy and thick looking (soft and light green). Is this a life threatening disease?

Tell Me If You Need Pictures... Thanks

2. MMMM.. all my girls appear to have hard wooden stems about the base. I always have to find a sharp saw or power tool to cut them. Is this an unusual problem?... anyone else???

3. I don't think its a problem or a disease. look at trees outside they;re healthy and have that its just maturing. don't worry about it.

4. All the ones i have had a fan on a rock hard at the base, i figured it was to support the weight of the plant as it matured and grew more and larger leaves and branches as if it was softer or rubbery they would just topple over wouldn't they ?
    mat

5. Thanks for the replys, I didnt think anything of it untell last night when a vary close friend came over. he was saying that it cuts off nutriants to new growth. one thing i left out is that my bottom two round leafs turned yellow and dryed so i plucked them off. my friend was saying that it might continue up the plant slowly killing it.

I added some pictures for you guys to look @ (taken 5 min ago =)

Attached Files:

6. no it wion't those leaves where the oval leaves and they were no use to plant anymore . That won't spread up your plant

7. I am pretty positive it is a reaction to wind training/strength training do you have a fan or ventilation directly at them? It is helpful to keep a semi constant airflow towards your plants, it forces them to become stronger and they will be able to support those monster buds :)

8. O good deal =) yeah i have them with in 2 foot from the fan (the fan isnt directly hitting it it is aimed at the corner on a wall but the leafs still have a constint light wind on them at all times. another thing ive been exsparamenting with is half sun light and half fake light. my hopes are that i will need to barrow Spanishflys chainsaw =) once she is all finished... thanks for all the reply today its all helped alot

Xbow