Wood Ash?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Telebubbies, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I am about to flower my plants. I am unable to find bloom nutrients for MJ plants. I went to my local plant store, and I asked specifically for bloom nutrients low in nitrogen, high in phosphorus and potassium. THe dude then points me to some bloom nutrients that has a NPK of 6-1-3. I just left the store lol. I checked online, Amazon doesn't have any that ships to my country, and other places online have like a 50$ shipping and import duty fee. SO I wanna make some homemade, organic bloom nutrients.
    So I have heard that wood ash is rich is potassium.
    So would I need to put the wood ash in the water or soil..? I am also thinking of getting powered chicken bone for the phosphorus.

Thanks

2. From Wiki:
    Much wood ash contains calcium carbonate as its major component, representing 25[6] or even 45 percent.[1] Less than 10 percent is potash, and less than 1 percent phosphate; there are trace elements of iron, manganese, zinc, copper and some heavy metals.[6] However, these numbers vary, as combustion temperature is an important variable in determining wood ash composition.[5] All of these are, primarily, in the form of oxides.[5]

Uses
    Fertilizers
    Wood ash can be used as an organic fertilizer used to enrich agricultural soil nutrition. In this role, wood ash serves a source of potassium and calcium carbonate, the latter acting as a liming agent to neutralize acidic soils.[6]

Wood ash can also be used as an amendment for organic hydroponic solutions, generally replacing inorganic compounds containing calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus.[7]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wood ash is either calcium carbonate or calcium phosphate & very weak as well as a ph buffer. I would use seaweed, bat guano, langbenite, or some other source.

4. Seaweed? So I must go to the beach and get seaweed? And how does it work..? Do I just burry it 1 inch under the soil?

5. Google: "Bone meal and rock phosphate are typical sources. If you can find them, fish bone meal and soy husks are other good sources. And then there is compost :) Composted yard waste and manures generally provide all the phosphorus normally required by most plants in most soils and if applied in excess, can create an oversupply.

Some food sources have pretty high levels of phosphorus naturally - banana peels, crab shells, shrimp peelings, most grains and nuts - and these should all be added to compost when available."