Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Woo hoo

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Stoniecat, Nov 16, 2013.

1. #1 Stoniecat, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    I finally got my ommp card last night and it literally took only a week. 😱👽 So tonight my friend j came over and brought me some celebratory treats. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1384597307.213982.jpg And my grower is going to help me out until he can get mine started. Edit: stoned off my ass. Blurring the lines between what is Unreal and real.

2. Congrats!! Welcome to the wonderful world of medical marijuana! A week! Damn! Here in Colorado the bored bureaucrats have nothing better to do then fuck with the stoners. Once u mail in the shit for your "red card" u have 35 days to shop - if your card doesn't come by day 36 u better stock up and/or put your dealer back on your speed dial. I did the former (bought a shit ton of weed) only to come home and find my red card sitting mockingly in the mail 😕. When I mentioned the odd timing of the cards arrival to the local bud tender, he told me that recently the cards almost always get there on days 35-37. Another friend just flat out never received his...when he called they said "we sent it, did u call the mailman?" Seriously. 'did u call the mailman'? What the fuck, over? Some people say they are busy and that it just takes that long to process the forms. Maybe. Call me a conspiracy theorist (I want to open a dispensary called the Grassy Knoll lol) but if it took so long to process why does everyone get it exactly 35 days later? Surely in an office that busy that would be a lot more outliers- like some people would get it 28 days some @ 38. I think they have a computerized system send it out on the 33rd day so they can extract some measure of joy from there soul sucking jobs. As HST so aptly put it: 'I felt raped. The pig had done me on all fronts - and had gone to chuckle about it on the west side of town'.
    Sorry for the stoned conspiracy rant. Props to a State that gets your card to u in a week! Enjoy!
    Cheers

"It is very impolite to hand someone an empty bowl without notifying that person of its potential emptyosity. A proper warning would be, 'Here ya go . . . I think it might be cashed. Go ahead, give it a try, see what happens. We're all pulling for you. Good luck.' "

3. grats and all that...welcome to the 'club' :bongin:

4. Waiting a week or a month? :eek:   Dang! In California, it's see the doc, then go to the nearest dispensary! My card was all of a half hour old when I bought my first "legal" weed! (Doc's office was in the industrial area-  had to a bit to drive to the dispensary and get checked in, but I knew that I wanted some Kush!   :smoke: )

Everyone says California's laws on cannabis are crazy! Folks, we are dealing with a NEVER FATAL herbal medicine that is safer to use than common aspirin! I think it is crazy that you have to jump through all those hoops to legally use cannabis! Even California's laws are too restrictive! 

Cannabis needs to be legal as St. John's Wort! Or if it must be restricted, restrict it like beer! We need to eliminate all laws about cannabis, or make them on the same level as alcohol or tobacco!

Granny

5. actually I was pretty well informed (ya, famous last words huh) and heard about the OMMP 'safety pack' you can use while waiting for the card. All it really contains is your id proof of address (if a resident) and certified mail receipts (sent and received)..I used it on the way home to hook up with an old timer 'shop' owner on the coast and was stocked within 4 hours and medicated 30 minutes later (had to drive home)..from dropping the papers at the usps. would have been a lot faster but it took me 2.5 hours to get home after seeing the doc in rouge river (no local docs..rural)

nothing better then to vape a bit of herb when you feel the need and NOT feel like you have to hide it.

We are still supposed to keep things on the down low where I live even if we are "Local Legal".

well ya, I use it at home, but the shades are open now...(with doors and windows closed if smoking, don't want to stink up the neighbors air, out of respect not paranoia...but when I vape I leave the windows open :ey: ).... I certainly won't be walking the dog down main street while toking a joint :smoking:

i.e..I show people respect and want my privacy too so don't upset theirs :confused_2: