Wont Germinate

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by resinfactory, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I am trying to germ 10 OG feminized, but i cant get them tp sprout they are fresh froma good seed bank. I used my normal technique that always works. My PPM is good, temp perfect, dark, humid everything is perfect but they seem to crack open but the shout isnt coming out. It is like the rockets are in dorminate stage. Please help i even have a few that havent split, i know they havent been over or underwatered any advice would be appreciated. thanks all

2. What exactly are u doing to sprout?

3. I always just put them inbetween a few wet paper towels, on a plate that is slanting down so that the gravity pulls the sprout away from the seeds. I put them on a warmer and keep the temp at a constant 74-78 degrees. I always put them in a dark place as well. I also germinated a few others strains as well the same time. They are doing great. No the tiny little sprout on the OGF strain have started getting brown but they have never been dry, always wet never soggy. Been around for some time started out making alot of mistakes. But havent had problems in years. Let me know what you think. the seeds were incredebly small this time as well, i have tried fems befor with no problems, so i dont think it is that either. But if a seed is immature i shouldnt even sprout right?
    Another sign that may be helpfull is the seed covering even came off a few seeds befor a shout even appeared. My seed bank says he will replace them, but if it is the damn strain i dont want them right. Let me know what you think. again thanks for your knowledge.

4. if its golden and has brown lateral line sit mature...no matter size.

try upping the temps to 80-85 and see what happens...cook em

5. So they open but no sprout? I would just wait a bit they should be okay.

I put mine in paper towels in between 2 plates. I do these in the cold also and have no problems. Ive heard warm works better, but Ive never seen 78 degree moist soil in my life. My temp was probably 55 degrees and they came out in about 4 days.

Also not sure you need to do any gravity thing. just one plate with another on top should be fine.