Wondering what I could get for my car...(Accessories etc)..

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Familyguy1, Jul 30, 2010.

1. #1 Familyguy1, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
    So I got a 1999 Lexus ES300(I know, I dont like it either, but I gotta stick with it for awhile, so I thought I would add some shit to it, make it look less..bland.
    167k miles.

I got a soundsystem with a 18 inch sub in the back, 500 amp.

Any Suggestions for Headlights? Exhausts? Anything else?

Also, for a new exhaust, would it be safe to say for me to get a new muffler?

Any of those worth it.. they had one on there the other day..but someone must have bought it(?)

Help me out here...

Thanks!

2. If you want it real loud get a flowmaster exhaust. I also recommend angel eyes for the head lights.

3. Guess...I should have made this clear... I am kinda on a budget. Something medium end but doesnt cost much. Flowmaster is too loud for me:p

Also, if I get an exhaust 'pipe', should I get a new muffler?

4. save up and drop a 2j in haha itll be like a ferrari on steroids

5. wait post a pic im thinking you have the us version of the jdm starlet if you are get a 1j or 2j and swap it

6. Im Sorry, I am not well versed in automotive lingo...could you explain this?

Thanks!

should I get a new muffler?

7. 1jz and 2jz engines are toyota engines they came in supra's. they are high powered engines with 6 speed trannys. but you can get a muffler if you want. i would get a cold air intake,headers and have the ecu chipped.

8. 6Speed Auto? or Manual? Ive never driven manual but I guess I could learn!

Difference between muffler and cold air intake?

Headers? Ecu?

Told you I am not versed in Auto Lingo;)
    Tech-yes, Auto-no.

9. Intake- is basically what makes he car breathe (air filter)

Muffler- is the exhaust. Tailpipe. It has nothing to do with the intake.

Headers- headers are open exhaust manifolds, cold air is dense makes engine run better
    usually in front/under the engine.

Ecu- is the computer of the car, usually used for reflashing; for more horsepower.

If you change any of the above you will increase your horsepower by a considerable amount.

10. im pretty sure the 1jz had some auto trannys. but im almost positive that 2jz's were all manual. those swaps will cost a bit of $ but will definitely be worth it.

11. #11 Familyguy1, Jul 31, 2010
    Allright sweet! thanks!

Im always have been curious, is it just personal preference whether to have Auto or Manual? Or is it something performance-wise.

If I get just an exhaust pipe, could I(should I?!) just use the stock muffler?

For the 1jz, do you mean like these? : http://shop.ebay.com/items/1jz?_dmd...900&OVKEY=1jz&OVNDID=ND2&OVCAMPGID=4400972512

12. eh autos are for people who dont really drive there car. with a manual you can play your car like a fuckin flute.and heres a 1j with 5 speed. that has everything you need to do the swap. it will be fast as hell. but 2jz's can be made to push 1000 wheel horse power.

13. #14 Familyguy1, Jul 31, 2010
    This is the one I have:

[​IMG]

1000HP:eek: Standard is 200 HP.

If I get just an exhaust pipe, could I(should I?!) just use the stock muffler?

14. yea thats the us version of the soarer and the 1j would be good for you then itll habe more power than stock and you can make it go as fast as you want.

15. So any 1j would work, or only ones from the soarer?

Also: If I get just an exhaust pipe, could I(should I?!) just use the stock muffler?

16. you can use the stock muffler but it takes away from the gain you could get. and yea any 1j is fine.

17. So if I keep the stock engine(for now) and get a new exhaust pipe, yet still use the old muffler, would I notice a difference in the sound at all? If I get a new muffler, is there an audible difference?

18. yes.:D

19. yes to which one?:p