Wondering If Sex Can Be Determined Yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Canadianguy48, Feb 20, 2012.

1. http://[​IMG]Hi....my 1 plant is about 1/2 foot, 24 days old from first sign of green.It is up to 7 leaves and i want to start flowering soon because I don't have a lot of room to let it get a foot high in veg which would be ideal.Is it true if I start flowering it now and if its a female will I only get 1 bud off it if started flowering now?

I have read lots on determing the sex but still like to check with the experts here.http://[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. No...Too Early.

3. As far as I know, you can't tell whether its male or female before flowering begins. However, you should know relatively quickly once you start flowering.

4. Yeah I know...I thought I would ask anyways?Thanks for the quick responses!I don't want to go out and spend money now on some flowering lights for nothing or replant again.Thats the only thing I was thinking about.

5. It will preflower if kept in veg long enough.

6. gonna have to get them at some point, might as well start with this plant

7. But yeah man you should go ahead and flip to 12/12 for afew days and sex then put back on 18/6 or whatever cycle your usin. That way you'll know for sure it's male or female.

8. You can do that?

9. Personally id just topp her let her recover afew weeks then put her into flower roll the dice You'll learn so much that way even if it turns out a male.

10. Yeah.

11. i'm not sure where you cut it...is it where the stem ends and splits?

12. #12 420patient, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  13. Wow so much cool info in here...thanks.I think I see where it gets cut down near the bottom of the new stem where it starts.What happens when no cut right?

What is LSTing?

14. low stress training. Im trying it for my first time and its working amazing. And SOG growing method says you could throw it into flowering now and get high yields. Check it out.

15. i was in veg for 9.5 wks and thought sure they had preflowered and i knew without a doubt their sex. wrong!!! 4 days in 12/12 i had 3 boys in the group. no more bag seeds for this hoosier

16. Exactly....I'm buying Feminized Seeds next time anyway.I think thats the way I will go.I'll try topping it to very soon.

17. The bottom line is where u wanna. If u topped at the topp line now it would be more like fimming.

18. Ok...the bottom line,leaving about 20% of it.Leave the 2 growth(leaves) besideit beside it.

When can you start flowering after you top it?

Thanks