Wondering if I can do this?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by peterpaul, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Hey Everyone. I want to grow enough herb to keep myself in smoke year round. So I've got a 400 watt Mh light and a 400 watt HPS light. I saw cannibus2003's setup but want to grow 24/7 with a cloning chamber setup. Any ideas? I can get 4 4' flourescents if that would help. I figured 1 chamber 4'x4'x6' with the Mh 24/7 for the clones and mother. Then a 4'x4'x6' chamber with the HPS for flowering. What is fish emulsion? Should i use fertilizer or any special soils. And how often would I need to water.
    I guess the real question is it worth the bother. I know security is no problem.
    Any help you all have is really appriciated.

2. Sounds like a good plan to me. I'd start the clones under flouros for a week and then put them under the MH. Plus you need to make sure the flowering area is light tight so no light is ever cracking through. If you mess with anything other than 12/12 during flowering you'll have a better chance of hermies (shemales).
    Fish emulsion is for micronutrients and trace elements. If you can't find that then bat guano, humus manure, kelp, or worm castings will work just as well.
    For vegging you'll need a fert with the same numbers in the NPK (20-20-20) or a higher number in the N (15-10-10). For flowering you'll need a completely different fert that has a higher number in the P (15-30-15). Follow a water, water, fert schedule, or fert every other week...starting at 1/4 strength. When you fert, water the plants an hour beforehand so you don't burn the roots.
    Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Grasscity Deals Near You