Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wondering if edibles don’t work on me?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by annamariee, Aug 10, 2018.

1. For years I’ve smoked a few grams a day. I’ve tried edibles before and they’ve never worked on me but I blamed it on the fact they were homemade or I was drinking too. I downed a Rice Krispie treat tho with 500 mg of thc over 2 hours in 30 min intervals and nothing.. I gotta go to the beach and didn’t wanna carry the herb. Should I just eat two treats at a time or admit defeat?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

You have to wait up to 2 hours for edibles to kick in not 30 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I ate it last night, i waited like 4 hours and it still didn’t work

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Are these home made edibles or from a dispensary??

Make your own edibles there's plenty of recipes on here

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. The ones I’ve eaten before were some friends have made that’s why I wasn’t expecting much but i bought this one, it said 500mg of thc. I read 100mg was like a bowl so I just chopped it into four pieces but I felt nothing

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I think it has to be a woman thing. I dab. My tolerance is very high, but I can eat an edible about once a week. I'll bet your receptors are clogged up- I think it just happens to some people, it does to me.I think the answer is to back off a bit from smoking for a couple of days then try your Treat, but eat it all at once. How high do you get from smoking?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP should try tincture I heard an eye dropper full of that stuff fucks you up & gets you stoned lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That's an excellent idea BrewsnWeed666. I like a tincture and think it may work for OP. annamariee you should try this. I was just prompted to add 35% Lucid Dream to my morning coffee, thanks for the idea Brews'.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I get a decent high, not like when I first started but ive considered a tolerance break, only I really smoke it mostly for anxiety so that the problem I run into is I can’t make it through my break. I’m sorry but idk what a tincture is I’ll look it up

10. Nobody is resistant. Nobody. It's always a question of dose.
    My wife needs about 2mg. I need more. Much more. 200mg is a good start for me if I've been clean for a week or so.
    If I'm dosing every day it can be in the 500mg range before I get good relief. I've taken as much as 1000mg when I was super dosing so the range needed per person can vary wildly.

Decarb all material you intend on eating first. Bake weed on cookie sheet at 240 F for 40 minutes.

5 grams decarbed Hash. (powdered weed works at 1/2 strength) Use good bud not crap trim.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works including butter)
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin (optional power booster)
    Blend and Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional but helps breakdown the plant material)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules ( it's 30 doses in 1 tablespoon of oil. )
    Full cap is 25 drops of hot hash sludge.

Use directly or add that tablespoon of finished oil to baked good like brownies by adding to the recipe oil and blending well.

New users I start with 6 drops of oil and wait 2 hours. Not stoned take more and wait 2 hours.
    To much to fast can be uncomfortable to sheer misery depending on just how far over you go.
    You can't die from it but like getting really drunk it's not much fun.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

[​IMG]
    This will work. Guaranteed.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've been smoking pot over 50yrs (I'm 65) and its only been 4yrs using a dispensary, before that it was a dial-a-dope situation. I tried edibles for the 1st time from the dispensary and really enjoyed them but like anything thats good the price goes up and was soon beyond my means (buying 1/8oz per month).....so I tried making cannabudder and while it wasn't a total disaster, it definitely wasn't perfect. Next time I'm going to use coconut oil and decarb longer (at 3:am)

12. Proper decarb is crucial to getting the most from your edibles.
    I've found that converting your cannabis to edibles my total consumption went down while my level of pain relief remained the same.
    Better use of the material.
    Long term use actually led to a buildup of THC in my system and my usage fell even further. Stopping cold I was still good for about 3 weeks with little to no symptoms while the drug remained in my system.
    Eventually it did wear down and I started dosing again but on a as needed basis not mega dosing to stay ahead of my issues as I'd done for the prior 3 years.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

My Hash Caps thread covers the process and it's not real long yet.
    Same directions for well powdered buds as for hash just not quite so high octane strength.
    I'm another old fart with more medical use of it then stone but I don't mind the side effects of being buzzed.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. I disagree with many of these comments. When I first got baked I would only smoke about a gram every 2-3 days. So givin after a month of use I’d only used about a quarter oz. One day we decided to run to the dispensery and pick up some edibles for our concert. We each bought a 500mg Cocobeast bar FROM THE DISPENSARY!! And we both ate ours instantly and after 4 hours we felt literlly nothing at all. We were pissed about getting ripped off so we went to another dispensary and once agian purchased a 500mg edible and felt nothing agian. This was back when a half gram joint would couch lock me for the rest of the night... I think every humans body’s different. Maybe your body’s just not capable of intaking edibles. I know mines not!!! Iv even tried 700mg BHO cape and still NOTHING!!!