Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wondering about BPA and other toxins?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swaded x zatch, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the site and have a question for you? Btw I have checked the forums fervently for this issue, but it seems my situation is somewhat unique...? Anyways, I'm currently having to smoke from a long water bottle at the moment, due to lack of funds. I had an old acrylic bong that I didn't feel was okay to smoke from anymore and took the glass bowl, and the glass slide, and fashioned them to a plastic water bottle.

I'm not too worried about the actual bowl getting hot and melting the plastic, because I have a glass slide to buffer. I'm wondering about the actual smoke itself. Is it hot enough to release any of the toxins within the plastic?

Thanks!

2. I'm under the impression itll be fine, you just gotta use a new bottle every two or three times. Just be careful you don't torch the slide and get that burning

3. Hmm..that could be problematic. I need it to be long term. Maybe with the slide out of the acrylic, I'll be able to clean it up enough.

4. #4 ktoke, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    I mean, we're all gonna recommend glass. If your budgets tight, you can buy a cheap set of glass drill bits, and DIY it with a glass bottle or thrift store vase

5. Never smoke out of anything plastic! Teach yourself to roll a joint. If you can't get papers, make an apple pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Apple pipe or any fruit pipe works great!!

I would assume it would be fine, as long as no flame touches any plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. If you can't afford a ten dollar pipe why are you smoking weed?