Wonderful

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Ifreebirdsman, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Fellow Tokers, I wanted to take this time to ask of you one thing.Just a yes or no will not suffice, details people, details.The question is this, Do you believe in Soulmates?

2. I believe that humans are capable of producing a tremendous amount of infatuation towards another human. Often times neglecting serious character flaws and incompatibility issues.

But sure, I believe in soul mates. If you're lucky, you'll meet someone you truly click with. Just because your "soul mates" doesn't mean you don't fight or get in heated disagreements from time to time. It's the fact that you are able to put conflicts like those behind you and focus on the true merit of that persons love for you.

Sorry, lol. That was kind of mushy.

3. I think some people designate another as their soulmate, and in so doing, create a soulmate out of them. That doesn't make it any less powerful of a force though.

4. I don't know if you've read the Great Gatsby or not, but here's a great line from it.

"No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart."

F. Scott Fitzgerald puts into words exactly what we're trying to say, I think. Once we have it in our minds that we are affectionate towards someone, we start to build up a sometimes less than realistic image of that person in our minds.

5. #5 Papageorgio, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    i do!

it's not even fair how awesome me and my gf are together lol.

*edit* oh, a simple yes or no will not suffice... oops

i'm not even positive of the origins of soul mates, why they exist, their purpose, etc. i just know i've found a girl who is impossibly right for me without even trying. similar tastes in music, movies, recreational activities. similar personality traits. our astrological signs go great together (not that i'm much into astrology). we're even different in perfect ways. she likes white meat, i like dark meat. she likes the brown crunchy things in gardetto's, i hate them and never eat them usually leaving all of them behind in the bottom of the bag, lol.
    as far as physical attractions go, well, she's perfect in that respect, and she sees me in the same way.

6. I think that certain souls happen to have been aquaintances, friends, lovers, etc.. in past lives, sometimes in many past lives, and I think that when those souls meet in their present lives there is an instant attraction and feeling of connection, because in a way they do know each other.

Perhaps souls even choose to incarnate into lives where they will be in relationships with other souls they are familiar with, thus taking a sort of mutual journey through various incarnations when their karma allows them to.

7. If you step back far enough, you realize that there are no accidents.

8. I call it a twin flame, but yes. I know you want details but Im feeling lazy, sorry.

9. have you ever watched What Dreams May Come? pretty good movie... anyone interested in soul mates should give it a watch.

10. No.

There are certainly people that are more compatible with certain people. Love at first sight that leads to a lifelong relationship is possible. People can teach others how to Love in ways they never imagined possible. But there are no souls, so what is there to mate?

I do not believe in soul mates, but I believe people believe in soul mates... and as cocksmash alluded to, that's close enough (for them.)

11. I looked it up and I am intrigued. I plan on watching it soon.