Women-only dining – is there a double standard?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Just to clarify for those who did not read the article.

The author and I fully support women's right to have women only restaurants or clubs, he is just saying that there would be outrage if this was a men only restaurant or club. I agree with what he wrote.

I think women only gyms especially are valuable institutions for their customers. Relieves them of any pressure or stress of having a man leer or hit on you.

Sorry if what I wrote doesn't sound right I just smoked up.

2. oh yeah sure, but if their are men-only sports pubs and such, feminists will get sand in their vaginas.

3. not to be an asshole, but women biologically seek attention from the opposite sex. Hence there are alot of women that seek attention when they go to public places, from men typically, they dress up and pamper up, even when going to the gym lol...

4. So wtf is the Augusta golf club non existent? There men only and super rich.

Also men do complain about female only clubs, there have been lawsuites against Hooters and a couple women only gyms.

5. Yeah that's just how my mind works. Sorry to derail OP but:

Another one that grinds my gears is the "christian mingle" with the slogan "Find god's match for you." I think to myself: If I was christian I'd be offended by this website implying that the only way to find "god's match" for me was to pay them money.

Any christians out there? Am I stupid for thinking that?

6. the reason for that is so they dont have dudes staring at them or hitting on them while there bent over in yoga pants. it is completely acceptable.
    thats like filing a law suit over womens only dressing rooms...

7. I'm not of the religion. But I would imagine someone deeply involved in the concepts of christianity would be offend that they are using people's belief system in order to capitalize. Like what do they mean "find god's match for you"? You know? An I'd love for there to be a White People Meet; if your going to make a dating website for certain a certain race, every race should be allowed to do the same.

8. [quote name='"hoboleader"']

the reason for that is so they dont have dudes staring at them or hitting on them while there bent over in yoga pants. it is completely acceptable.
    thats like filing a law suit over womens only dressing rooms...[/quote]

Hey I'm not against women only things,

But men have forced changes at certain ckubs & businesses by winning lawsuits

9. oh there are white only dating sites, but they all seem to be white supremacist dating sites lol. which is kinda dumb there should be a white dating site for non racists.

however I bet on the more popular/legit dating sites there are filters in the search. Dont want to date a black guy or asian guy? just uncheck that on the filter...

10. found a whites only dating site, no "urban folk" allowed there.

farmersonly.com

11. I thought you were BSn, but googled it and it's real. That is too funny.

To tie it all together: Ain't it weird how some preferences people have make us laugh, others make us frown, and some make us try to ban them?

12. There are many male-only and female-only clubs and organizations that exist with little or no resistance.

Fraternities and sororities are the best example I can think of. Is there really any outrage that some frats have been around for 100+ years but have never had a single female member?

13. There are coed frats where I have gone to school.

14. Me too :laughing: I was like this commercials a hilarious parody and then the punch line never came and I was confused and slightly angry

15. lol how awkward would it be if your information on a typical dating site was: "seeking female, ages 20-24, good shape, likes long walks on the beach, no blacks, asians, orientals, hispanics, latinos, or pacific islanders."

16. I know when I go to the gym, I always get on a treadmill behind a good looking babe, hopefully with a nice ass.

17. If a man feels he is being discriminated against because of "ladies only" establishments, he has the same exact legal channels as any woman or person of a different race. 'Men-only' dining establishments have been banned by some cities, so he may actually have a case.

If a black man feels he is being discriminated against, he has to hire a lawyer, file a lawsuit, etc. If a woman is being discriminated against, she has to do the same. It's no different for men.

There is no double standard.

18. Augusta extended membership to two women-former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and investment banker Darla Moore-last year.

19. It's up to the private business who they choose to serve.
    Personally i think cutting off over 50% of your potential clientele in a restaurant is pretty silly.
    Lots of women go out to restaurants and bars to pick up men (or get picked up) so you lose that whole aspect of the business as well..

so yeah. there should be no laws for dumb business decisions even if politically correct people think there should be.

20. Hooters allows both men and women to dine in their establishments, no?..