women and makeup

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Seus, Feb 8, 2009.

1. There's a lot of degrading shit on these forums, and yes, I will call people out for it. You certainly don't have to read my posts if you don't like what I have to say. :)

2. #62 LaTheDarkMan, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    The make up comez off once their facez have been hidin' in the pillow, never noticed that? I can see you smashin' yo girl as she'z hidin' and then ya turn her over sayin' "Jeez baby put some fuckin' make up on why don't ya"

3. Sorry Leapfrog, but you're totally off base with that. The people posting to this thread have their opinions, and obviously the main people stating them, whiskey, you, penelope, etc. aren't going to change them. So why in the world would I keep on arguing? see my point now???

And since you obviously have no idea about any of the dynamics of our relationship, how you can entertain that idea off of this one thread. After talking with some good friends of mine, there is definitely a few things that need to be fixed before marriage could ever happen. This I know and am stating.

So while the rest of you blast me for stating how I feel, and too bad if that's how I felt inside when I posted this thread, it has been able to help me realize that yes there are more issues in our relationship than just make-up as stated. Call me whatever you want, I could care less, but know that I have my own way of realizing and understanding things, that obviously isn't the way the rest of you do.

4. There is degrading shit said about every kind of person. I think that people just need to suck it up. If you cant take it then you need to mature a little

5. #65 Leapfrog, Feb 10, 2009
    Look people here disagree with you because you are generalizing women in a degrading manner:

and that's why I stated earlier I came to the conclusion there is a likely chance your fiancée is the one who doesn't want to deal with you anymore and therefore doesn't care about her looks (around you).

But to ask if it is normal for most women to be UNattractive without make up on is very much pathetic!
    It is a highly superficial perspective.

I highly suggest you work on your perspective about the above to help to be able to maintain a healthy relationship.

Good luck man!

On edit: Look I could care less how this goes for you, normally I try helping people growing plants but maybe my advice here helps you growing in your relationship!
    You don't appear to be an unintelligent person and I don't see why you shouldn't succeed.

6. On the flip side, if you are going to post something degrading in the first place, then you should suck it up and take the comments that come back at you.

7. Who needs to suck it up? I hope you arent talking to me because i havnt said anything degrading yet haha.

But I think its more of an issue that they are ignorant, so if you are above that then there is no need to respond to it, by responding you look silly and childish

8. I didn't mean you personally, just "you" in general.

I'm not on here to be "above" anyone. I'm just here to have conversations with other stoners.

9. I love my woman pure and natural with no extra preservatives

10. lol, agreed

11. #71 Emblazened, Feb 10, 2009
    I'm sticking up for Seus. I understand what he means, and everyone who called him shallow clearly let their fingers type faster than their eyes could read.

In several posts he mentioned how she has every single trait he could want in a woman, etc. etc.

Based on this i find it ridiculous that he was called "shallow". Also at one point Seus was called "egomanical". By who? Someone on the internet, who clearly doesn't know him for who he really is. Let alone his friends, his job, his family, and favors he has done for the former and the latter.

I believe the original post was meant to add some comedic effect that certain members blew entirely out of proportion. Mainly, he was searching for a solution. How could he cure this lack of attraction? or What can he say to his fiancee about it?

Instead he was attacked for characteristics that were made up and embellished by others. If you don't have something useful to say, don't say it. The man did not make this thread to be attacked on a personal level, but for some reason everyone received an open invitation to do such a thing.

Before you go around these forums assigning blame, slinging names, and attacking people personally, remember this: You don't really know that person, you only know the amount of information about them which they have decided to give you for the purpose of solving their problem.

It hurts me to see that humanity has come to unjustified attacks on one another.

12. Wait a second... he starts this thread basically calling women ugly (highly unattractive), and you defend that as "comedy". But, when people (women) are offended by that and call him shallow, it makes you weep for humanity?

I'm just trying to understand your logic here....

13. #73 Emblazened, Feb 10, 2009
    You aren't breaking down barriers by calling this one guy names and making a mockery of his whole relationship. You're saying incredibly mean things to just one person and somehow justifying it by calling it "feminism".

I wasn't defending him calling women ugly as comedy, I was just indicating that he also used comedy while searching for an answer to his problem. Because it seems like no one else noticed.

You read this thread about someone else's problem and took it upon yourself to make someone who is already a victim of circumstance feel even worse. He was looking for replies, and this thread was targeted to men (as is evident when you read the first post; it contains comedic examples that would be found funny in conversations between men. Something you would dismiss as sexism, because you don't really know what men say to each other.)

By attacking the OP, not only did you say mean things, blow this situation out of proportion, make vast assumptions about someone you didn't know, and make sweeping generalizations about the male population ("Are most men this stupid?"), but you ruined the effectiveness of this thread as a tool for him to find a solution.

And, had anyone made a post ending in "Are most women this stupid?" I'm pretty sure you would have come up with a hundred reasons to tell them why they didn't deserve to live. If you're going to hold someone to any standard, you sure as Hell better make sure you live up to it.

14. You are reading FAR too much into my comments. I'm not trying to break down barriers, or start a feminist rant. I'm on a marijuana forum, for fucks sake.

He made a rude comment. I didn't think it was funny. He dished it out, and I dished it back to him. This is the internet.

Just to clarify, my comment about "are most men this stupid?" was MOCKING his original question ("are most women highly unattractive without make-up?"). I KNOW most men aren't that stupid, just like he should know that most women look just fine without make-up on. I sincerely apologize if it was taken the wrong way. I don't think this guy is representative of most men. But I do think his post was stupid and shallow, and I'm not going to apologize for that.

15. #75 Emblazened, Feb 10, 2009
    Then I have nothing more to say to you.

Edit: you were reading FAR too much into his comments.

16. Feminist rant: CHECK.