women and makeup

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Seus, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Ok i see myself as somewhat superficial considering im would not date a hideous girl no matter how fun kind and honest she is (i mean thats why theres a difference between friends and girlfriends)

But makeup is not natural...and girls who wear it all the time have self image issues or are afraid of people judging her (apparently for good reason)

So what this comes down to is if you dont think a woman is beautiful without makeup you shouldnt be with her

2. Afraid to break it to you, but most women I see on a day to day are wearing makeup. I guess if I was sleeping around with 50 women and living with them, I'd see them without makeup wouldn't I?

Most pictures that I've seen tend to agree with my question.

And to be honest with you, most women don't even let you see them in the morning, or anytime for that matter, without getting ready. So I think that also tends to lend itself to what I was asking.

Again, your final comment, I'm not even going to say anything.

3. #43 Leapfrog, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009

Please educate yourself about the meaning of "engagement"...

It is NOT about "thinking about getting married" as you put it. :rolleyes:

It is commitment to marry...

On edit:

From at least medieval times until the early 20th century, a man's promise of engagement to marry a woman was considered, in many jurisdictions, a legally binding contract. If the man were to subsequently change his mind, he would be said to be in "breach" of this promise and subject to litigation for damages.

In addition to the above:

From Wiki:

Breach of promise
    Main article: Breach of promise
    In some jurisdictions, until the 20th century, it was possible for a woman (but almost never a man), to sue if an engagement was broken, based on denial of the chance to "establish herself" and possible damage to her reputation.

4. #44 whiskey, Feb 9, 2009
    Thank you Leapfrog. Engaged DOES NOT MEAN thinking about getting married, it means that you've made a promise to this woman TO GET MARRIED. All of these things were things you were supposed to think about BEFORE an engagement which just furthers my points I previously made.

When my ex fiance asked me to marry him, we had been through all of our issues beforehand and asked each other serious questions to determine if we were compatible for a long term relationship - questions about children, religion, raising the children, ect.

On another note if I feel like I have to HIDE from my boyfriend in the morning, well he doesn't deserve to be my boyfriend, let alone my husband. You can bet that whoever I am with better like my naked face, just as I like theirs.

If you believe makeup is a daily necessity, start putting it on yourself. Start with daily moisturizer, foundation, bronzer, blush, eye shadow base, three different colors of eyeshadow so they are all properly blended [but make sure it's not dramatic], apply eye liner perfectly, pluck your eyebrows, shave your balls, mascara and lastly all around coverage sheen so you don't rub it off. THEN AND ONLY THEN tell me that it's a daily necessity.

If you don't wear makeup, don't expect others to. It's a double standard.

5. if you actually believe that you've thought of everything before you get engaged, let me know.

All I know is that I know I didn't, and now that it's come time to analyzing things more closely than ever, your thoughts and ideas can change.

and whiskey, why you think that I'm asking for a cake batter to be placed on her face I have no idea.

6. #46 Leapfrog, Feb 9, 2009

...deleted...
    How I am handling my stuff doesn't really matter here....

As you already wrote in one of your former replies your problem is (much deeper) than something such superficial like Make-Up...

7. Yeah... I'm pretty sure I thought things through before I got married. After being married for 10 years and giving birth to his child, I really don't care if he sees me without eye shadow in the morning.

Anyway, do your fiance a favor and get out now.

8. wait wait wait, let me get this straight, you arent attracted to her unless she is all dolled up, but as soon as she gets dolled up you want to rip off her clothes and pursue hot sex in which she will more than likely mess up the makeup and hair that she just applied making her unattractive yet again...

9. "Is it normal for most women to be highly unattractive without make up on?"

haha i read the OP again, and I laughed for about 10 minutes. I cannot believe that you said that.

10. lol ya it is pretty ridiculous, and i dont mean to be a dick but can you keep these feelings on the down low? cause you're making guys look like total dicks

11. then she will run to the bathroom before he has to look at her face without makeup on it. THAT would be embarrasssinggggg :hide:

12. when i would wake up next to my girlfriend and look at her she'd get all self conscious and try to run to the bathroom and do makeup so i had to like convince her that it didnt matter lol

especially cause all she would wear was like eye liner and curled her lashes...so i thought it was pretty hilarious that she would even care like that

13. #53 whiskey, Feb 9, 2009

To be quite honest, my ex fiance and I had a list of questions for each other before we made a commitment. We are adults and acted like them, instead of acting only on emotions or thinking that it was the logical progression of our relationship to take it to that stage.

We took questions that we found on the internet that had to do with marriage counseling as well as serious compatibility issues and discussed them, at great length. Making that kind of commitment is a serious deal and we treated it that way.

And for my statements, maybe it's because you said ...

Aging is natural, you're doing it too. But you expect her to put on makeup to cover up her flaws. What about yours?

14. That's a pretty good way of doing it. Ours was more like the progression that you speak about. I'm thinking that that's where things went wrong here. Perhaps a critical step was skipped.

Anyways, I'm done discussing this. Btw, nice thread you started :) I figured this got under your skin.

15. Actually, I started it because of a suggestion of Penelope above. I could care less what you really think, sounds like you aren't someone I would want to be with in the first place. I respond to people when they respond to me calling them out.

However, curiousity got the best of me.

16. OP looks like you got more problems than 'just' with and about your fiancee...

You make a thread, ask a question ("Is it normal for most women to be highly unattractive without make up on?") - get replies, some of them qualified answers (like from whiskey) some others "not so qualified" and then you are telling whiskey "I figured this got under your skin"...wtf?

OP it seems to me just because whiskey's replies got under YOUR skin you seem to be "done discussing this".... :rolleyes: :p

17. its probably been said a thousand times already in this thread but one more isnt gonna hurt --- if a girl can pull off au natural, then damn it she must be a gorgeous female (and look even better with make up), but some girls....just gotta put it on

18. Hey OP I re-read your posts and statements and I came to the conclusion there is a likely chance your fiancée is the one who doesn't want to deal with you anymore and therefore doesn't care about her looks (around you).

Why?

Because why would ANY woman want to live with and around a man with this kind of perspective:

"Is it normal for most women to be highly unattractive without make up on?"

19. Don't take penelope seriously, she argues about everything she sees as "degrading" to women

20. I'm pretty positive the same thing could be said about us males, I've always wondered why guys didn't wear make up (not that I'd be willing). Biologically (and this is not a put down to females) girls are the "shallow" sex, as 'biologically' they are looking for a mate that will pass off good traits, I'm willing to bet that shallow is a word that could describe anyone, so dogging on him for not being attracted to her anymore isn't really fair. If he got fat or ugly or whatever all of the sudden, I doubt she'd be expected to stay with him. Attraction is a big part. What's wrong is that he came to a public forum and asked about all females being "highly unattractive" talking about an unsuspecting fiance of his. If I were you, I'd either say something or break it off, that's not fair.

And I go to a catholic high school, where you only see the freshman girls caking on makeup. Mid freshman year they find how pointless it is, and begin not wearing make up. They always look a ton better. Maybe it's because I got to school with lots of gorgeous ladies? I don't know :rolleyes:. My girlfriend never wears make up, unless it's eye liner(more on certain occasions). She looks the same with it on, if not better with it off. I see many women on the street without make up. Make up isn't suppose to completely change someones face, it's suppose to bring out features, so make up shouldn't really be changing how someone looks...unless they're caking it on.