Woman Fatally Shot In Costco

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DrazyHaze, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I hate how in situations like this, people always say "why didn't they just shoot her in the arm or the leg?!" 

That's not what anyone is trained to do. That's not what cops are trained to do, and that's not what concealed weapon carriers are trained to do either.

You shoot to stop the threat, you shoot center mass at the person who is threatening a life. You don't take risks like "oh I'll just aim for her arm and I hope I hit it and hope it actually stops her from stabbing somebody". Cop, civilian with a gun, doesn't matter. You don't take chances in situations like this. 

2. this is an excellent post. i don't know how many people in here have actually shot a hand gun before. if you are good enough with it that you can shoot a foot that is running around then that is really great for you. the majority of people though can't shoot a flailing arm in a high intensity situation.
    i'm not saying that if you had a cop and instructed him to shoot at the persons limbs that he would miss every shot. there is probably a decent chance he would land one or two, but my point is that in situations like this you don't take chances, you take out the threat. you aren't going to think to yourself maybe i'll be able to shot her knee and that will calm her down. you think there is a crazy bitch running at me with a knife, i'm going to fucking take it down any way i can.

look at my story above about the woman getting shot int he leg in costco. the difference was that the woman was going crazy and psycho and was probably dangerous, but didn't have a weapon and wasn't acting as an immediate threat to the peoples lives around her. so the cops did take their time, and they popped off a round into her leg.
    this situation doesn't sound anything like that. they got a woman threatning people with a knife for no reason at all. that's an unstable bitch that needs taken out immediately, she poses a very real very immediate threat to the people around her.

3. If 2 cops can't tackle and disarm a little Asian woman who obviously isn't a real threat, they need to go join the military and kill some kids...

I don't think gender/size matters a whole lot when someone has a knife. :confused_2: 

5. Idk JD, I think a big guy, relative to this woman's size, could disarm her....2 cops could could stop her from stabbing anyone...imo...

6. Especially since they are cops..shouldn't they be trained for those kind of situations ?  Maybe they aren't but they def should be

7. #67 stealthgrower, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    yes they could. they could also have their jugular sliced in the process...
    their job is first to protect themselves and the innocent citizens, if they can do that without harming the person threatening the citizens then they will.
    knives really are dangerous. just because she is a woman does not mean she isn't capable of seriously or even fatally wounding someone with a knife.

EDIT: they are trained for those situations and they di what they are trained to do. eliminate the threat without anyone else getting hurt.

8. Yeah, they're trained to kill people..........

9. #69 Bumbaross, Jun 11, 2013
    I have no hope for the world

1. She's handing out free samples
    2. The samples she's handing out just happens to be the best kind of food there is
    3. She's the only person taking action against the serious situation of a depleted pizza source

She was a modern day hero

10. #70 Iluvatar, Jun 11, 2013
    Also they could have at least just shot her in the leg(s)

I don't think she could rush them with a knife if she had been shot in the legs.. she most likely would have dropped the "weapon" if she was shot in the leg

11. OMG, what if she goes for my jugular.......shoot her......

12. Plus we still don't know if she was actually wielding a knife.  One of the spokesman for the police said she had "sharp objects"..could have just been scissors or something

13. The cops don't do that....opens them up to too much liability if the perp lives.......

14. #74 Iluvatar, Jun 11, 2013
    Crazy world when you have to worry about the liability of injuring a person more than the liability of killing someone

Sad that its true in some cases..

15. Yeah.....................

Yeah they probably could, but whether they could do that without risking potential injury, maybe even serious injury, is another matter. 

People like to focus on what the police could have done better, but the woman was the one who brought this situation on herself by threatening people with a knife in the first place. 

To me, preventing the woman with the knife from getting hurt/killed is a much lower priority than stopping anyone else from getting hurt/killed. 

I'd love to see you survive in the ghettos of detroit or miami being a cop.  You'd be killed instantly with that mentality.  Cops do up-hold the law and try to get people to surrender.... some people in this world are just too dumb to listen.  There are many instances where cops have shot someones hand, leg, arm, etc, but what happens when they're on drugs?  She wasn't obviously, but they don't know that.  Imo, if you don't drop your wep in front of a cop, you deserve to be shot... not killed necessarily (depending on wep), but def shot.

18. I see now, killing a person with an obvious mental issue is the way to go....

19. #79 Iluvatar, Jun 11, 2013
    What does fighting crime in the ghettos of Detroit and Miami have to do with handling some middle-aged woman with a sharp object in hand in a grocery store? Totally different scenarios

Not at all. It should definitely be avoided, if it can be avoided without risking harm to anyone else. 

Her mental state doesn't change the fact that she was a definite threat. You don't have to be a big, strong man to kill someone with a knife. All you need is one good stab to the right spot. I wouldn't take that risk, I wouldn't advise anyone else to take that risk, and I'm certainly not going to say that I think the cops should have taken that risk just because they're police officers. :confused_2: 

The article was very short and didn't have a whole lot of detail at all, so obviously we don't know exactly what happened. But I'm not going to assume the police were in the wrong here because there definitely are possible scenarios where I could understand their actions.