Wolverine mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MI Wolverine, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Speaking of iPhone apps - I've got a garden record-keeping app almost finished for the iPhone. I've got some final work to do on the database integration to display that day's information correctly.

The goal is to keep records on growth rates, notes from observations, scheduling for foliar sprays, etc.

A work in progress..........

LD

2. I want the first one. Might make me buy an iPad. :D

Would be nice with color graphs.

3. [quote name='"SkunkPatronus"']

Well you are going to hate me...you did come off hostile, to someone that has a piece of that land in his soul. And he's right, the per capita income in Jamaica is like $3000 US dollars a YEAR! With the population income dispersion from top 2% rich to 98% poor, and taxation curves, that leaves most family with next to nothing a month. They ARE poor as hell. I've seen it.[/quote]

I dont think i brought this up to be an argument.... But from someone who was born and grew up there , with majority of family still there, i think "poor ass hell" is a bit much, i do admit our country went way downhill (wonder why) just as anywhere that began with OUTSIDE influence ,"developed" and raped of its land and resources in the name of "resorts" and "tourism".... South america,africa,caribbean etc etc etc.... Ill just stop there before i vent...

4. #64 SkunkPatronus, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011

It's the 'poor as hell' that angered you then. I came to this country when I was 10, we had lived in an unheated flat, with cold water unless you boiled some, a toilet in the kitchen (cuz that's where the plumbing was), you boiled tea leaves three times for tea, got milk with it if you were really lucky, I chipped ice off of the inside of our windows in winter and we multiple bunked in beds to stay warm.... different county, similar general living circumstances. We were, 'poor as hell', and it's an accurate statement, one in which my adult thinking springs from and I think that is a good thing. I know what real value is... it isn't money.

I agree, they raped Jamaica. That person that made the originol statement also meant no harm, they too lived there on and off a lot. He loves that land like you do.

5. Week 7, they have been fed one neem/kelp tea since week 3, and this grow was vegged in the same pots, so as you can see the nutrients are being used up. I'm hoping that translates into a great taste, we'll see......

Attached Files:

6. Bottom shot to show secondary branching n mulching.....

Attached Files:

7. MI W

Damn beautiful plants!

LD

8. Your too kind, I need my friend Stankie to take the pics, my skills and camera suck.....

9. I'm in the same boat. We have a "relatively" nice camera - I just dont know how to work the damn thing. It takes beautiful pictures, and I've even read thru the instruction book, but I just cant take close ups.

Stankie on the other hand...*lol*

I dont think I've seen anyone take as nice of close-ups as him. The High Times photagraphers with thier expensive equipment have nothing on him!

Oh, yeah - magnificent gals!

How much longer? What strain?

Simply beautiful! Especially for a "tent"!

Are you using the BioBizz. or the Advanced Nutrients regime? What do you keep your ph at?

jerry.

10. Jerry your smoking that shit again, ain't you? My piss is better than AN....

The two left side front and back plants are white siberian, the back right is bubba kush and the front right is jack herer.

I agree Stankie takes the best pics. The guys an artist. In another life I dated a artist that sold photography professionally and she had nothing on Stank, well there was a little something, lol.........MIW

11. Run a pH test on fish hydrolysate sometime. That should send a quiver up your thigh.

LD

12. Advanced Nutrients is neither.

Feel free to quote me on that - LOL

13. Not sure my tester still works. It dried out and had a white crust on the little bulb thingy. I bought some storage solution for it and it's getting a good soak, but I suspect it's history. I may manage without it though, lol.....MIW

14. That didnt take you too long to pick up on...*lol*

On the subject of piss, the Acres book selection has a book on using your piss organically.

I think they have one on "humanure", too.

I guess its just not for me.

jerry.

15. Go elk hunting sometime over in Eastern Oregon - after 3 days of beer and tequila you'll feel right at home with the bears relieving yourself on plants.

Avoid the poison oak though.

16. You ought to experience gun deer season in MI. In my area they let out schools for deer season, it is a major holiday. The bars do a bang up business. My little resort town is overrun with drunken hunters. Although the jail snags a couple. There is a giant sigh of relief when they go back to the factories to resume their lively hood. It's kind of like the 4th of July or Memorial day, but without the wife and kids to moderate behavior. I used to take care of a 9 mile section of a hiking trail as a volunteer. The worst was always after deer season, picking up beer cans and tarps blowing around. Stuff you don't see on the hunting shows....people...bleh......MIW

17. [quote name='"MI Wolverine"']Bottom shot to show secondary branching n mulching.....[/quote]

Damn what are those 30gals? good shit going there.... Other than the leaves what else do you use for mulch.

18. MIW - I've been chuckling to myself (wierdo, right) about the BioBizz/AN comment all afternoon *lol*

Seriously, though - I have just been thinking back, and my wife was mentioning it too - I used to spend A LOT on bottled goop, and simply haven't had to SPEND in a long time now. I remember spending $125.00/bottle for Canna "Boost" - but my homebrew comfrey tea for $.50c
    Probably blows it away in reality - what a friggin scam I was hooked into for WAY too long!

I feel bad now for the folks that still do that - which is probably 95% of the gardeners out there.

It all seems so stupid &
    Silly now.

Jerry.

19. #79 ForbinsAscent, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    lol my first growing season five years ago, before I knew hemp is dioecious, I killed my 8'' seedlings by urinating around them. Dam, I'm embarrassed to admit that but I still make mistakes and the key i found is not repeating them..this includes the mistake of gardening out of a bottle. But it was only a year ago, driving back from the hydro store with some canna coco, vermi- t and humboldt bloom, stoned, but happy I broke the piggy.

badboy those are 7 gal smart pots, unless i suffer from more severe STM than im aware of.

20. Yup, and I have a 14 incher. No, really there 7 gallon fabric pots. The grow box is only 3x3. Under that silver insulation is a small heater. I used fan leaves and stems saved from a previous grow for mulch, and any left over chunks from teas, but mostly like you see, fan leaves. I do top dress compost some too but, the first layer of leaves and the compost are pretty much all soil now.

Since I started mulching like this I see more bugs under the mulch. Tiny spiders and soil mites, and a worm or two. The mulch seems to help life in general in that zone. Plus I see more roots, or more accurately the roots use all the soil rather than skip the top inch. Win win.....MIW