WK's journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whitekush, Aug 3, 2011.

1. i would only follow the lucas formula if i am runnin a bubble bucket. complicates things too much and prob confusing the issue...im sorry. i am not a bush beater. i want to help make sure wk and his ladies, have all the info he needs.

im gonna stfu now and go get drunk.

2. I noticed this today.. Buds started forming, then it started stretching some more showing N deficiencies.. Nice to know for sure now and predict things like this :cool:

3. out of the tap is 7.6

okay so it IS soil. that means that i need to ph higher up, i've read some stuff in articles about SS#4 and i read that the dude ph'd at 6.3-6.5 like you're saying.

so how do i raise it now? i gotta flush? or... (sigh)

hmm but the lucas formula is all i got right now, i've read that people have success with it in soil or whatever i got.. i'm gonna have to keep using it for a while :S

thanks for the help,
    okay so ill need to get my ph up to 6.5 some how... i already gave them 6.0ph water+lucas formula today.. just a little but ill be watering in a few days just plain water

4. I think joe meant to say hed only follow the charts for hydro.. you might have to play with levels of nutes??? :confused: i could be wrong :eek:

5. #105 whitekush, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    okay joeblow, i understand what you wrote after reading a few more times.
    you want me to water 2x the pot size with xxxppm which i cant check, but 6.8ph?
    you think that the ss#4 will have -0.3ph effect on it so that the run off is 6.5???
    when i tried this test previously i got maybe 0.2 most likely 0.1 change. also what's base nutes? like the smallest ratio or whatever?

and should i go water that right now even after giving them some nutes lol :S

and blunt, yeah dude i'm gonna play with levels of the lucas formula to see what they like.

just currently the affected leaves are starting to yellow, and hashberry #1 is droopy.

6. yep all im doing now is literally no nutes at all barely then slowly working my way up then back down to flushing for a couple weeks.

7. about 1/8-1/4 strength base nutes. even amount grow/micro/bloom. @ ph of 6.8 the beginning runoff will prob still come out around 5.7 or 5.8, but on the 2nd gallon should lower a bit.

at this point u can make a decision to either fully flush(will get the medium regulated faster, but will flush out beneficials too) or to raise the ph by watering over multiple waterings. i have been taught that 1/8 strength nutes being ran through a medium will flush out more salts than plain water alone, and doesnt leave your plants starving after a flush.

if it was me, and i noticed this issue while plants still under vegging hours, i would fix them over multiple waterings(watering even up to 7.0 or 7.1)(depending on how quickly the issues progress)...on the other hand, as in my case(if you see my thread) i had P locked out b/c of high ph in coco and i was 2 weeks into flowering where those ladies were demanding large amounts of it!!! They started sucking it right from the bottom leaves and shit hit the fan quick. I flushed each pot(2 gallon pots) over 3 days with almost 8 gallons of water each.
    my feed was at 5.8 and my runoff was at 6.6:confused::confused:
    Anyways, b/c u are in veg, you prob will not see the deficiency manifest itself at such a fast rate as i...hope i helped a bit and didnt just confuse u more.

i recently printed out the chart that shows the relationship between nutrient availabilty as it is related to ph and stuck it on my wall. you will see that in soil as long as ph is kept above 6.4 most important nutes will remain available. **as long as you feed according to the diet the plant requires.

8. when i ran AN 3 part grow/micro/bloom is was 1/2 ml/liter to get me 1/8-1/4 strength/300ppm/0.6EC, but im not sure about yours...

which brand are you using again??

9. if, like you said, you water @ 6.8 and the runoff come out at 6.5 then i will be very surprised, but i would be fine with that and check runoff ph again at the next watering.:wave:

hope i didnt offend you or upset you.

i guess sometimes i ramble when i explain things and people think im rude or something...

10. #110 whitekush, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    okay so i need to flush to 6.5 ph
    should i do that now or wait like 3-4 days, i feel bad for the plant because the lower leaves are yellowing and its deficiencying :(

blutis wants me to use just tap water (i guess to just preserve chemicals) and ill check the ph of the tap water, and then water the plant and check the run off. my guess is it will be either the same or -0.1/-0.2 ish.

so then i'd calculate +0.1 or +0.2 whatever it is, and flush with say 6.7 so that the runoff is 6.5. and i should also use "base nutes" which is like 1/8 or 1/4 strength. (i'll use 1ml micro and 2ml bloom, which would be 1/8th strength? cause full dose would be 8ml micro 16ml bloom) and i only use the mix with the base nutes at the end right? (so say i need 4 gallons to flush, the last gallon will have base nutes?)

mind you i just fed them a little bit of 6:12ml nutes idk why i thought it'd help the deficiency.

i'm using the GH micro and bloom.

11. just put you 1 ml micro and 2ml bloom per gallon, then check ph of solution just for data recording purposes...(i start slow to make sure soil is all moist then flush and flood...flush and flood...test runoff...flush and flood...test runoff... if your tap water is 7.2 and you are barely using any nutes it will maybe bring the ph down to 7.0...6.8 at the lowest. my organic nutes lower ph alot more, but most hydro-specific(water-soluble) nutes like ionic/AN/GH will only lower ph minimally, even in high strength nutes...

blah blah...i cant control myself from rambling...

anyways,if you are flushing multiple plants, i would find a large tote or some way to make a big batch so all plants are getting same flush solution. flush until you get runoff that is at least 6.2(just throwing a number out there that i may look for)( i think 2 gallons of flush solution per each gallon of soil is a good number to expect good results...if you get runoff that says 6.2 after a gallon, then fuck it put in the 2nd gallon through anyways...remember ph over 6.4 is never an issue in soil, just under...

12. i shouldnt say high ph is never an issue in soil...i guess iron, manganese and molybedenum will get locked out over 6.6, but who the fuck needs them anyways!! lol J/k

im sure it can cause deficiencies, but it is quite rare to have soil that is too alkaline.

13. Well said. Better than me anyway.:wave:

14. k fuck guys, my plants are yellowing wher the deficiencies are and i feel really bad for it.

even though i gave it nutes today would it be bad if i did the flushing procedure now?

i will do a few things:
    1) run tap water through the siol to see what its doing for me. if tap is 7.6 and i get 7.3 i know there's a change of -0.3, and that in order to get 6.5ph run off i need 6.8 water. etc.
    2) after that i will flush with the proper ph level to get the runof to 6.5, the last set of water i will use is the set of water with the 1:2ml of nutes in it, and ill chck and alter the ph if i need to so that the runoff is properly set at 6.5

agreed?

15. Sounds like a plan.:wave:

16. kk if you stick by close ill do a number of things

1) come back with ph levels of tap water and run off of plain tap water
    2) come back with ph levels of tap + 1:2ml, and run off of that

and from there i'd like you guys to tell me how i should proceed... aka ph correct the 1:2ml solution to get 6.5?

brb

17. if you can, let me know after you run the tap water what the starting ph and runoff ph is. ill be here...:wave:interested to know...and here to help. plan sounds good though i would ph the first gallon to at the highest 7.0 just me. i dont like to run too much out of the range either way...

i just found a thread where a guy is struggling with 7+ ph in ffof soil...

this guy here...

Rookie Ca/MM Grow OP - Grasscity.com Forums

18. ok ill come back with numbers just after tap water.
    brb. i'm not phing anything

19. #119 whitekush, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    tap water in 7.6/7.7pH, out ..... 6.0pH

i don't have pH up. i'm fucked
    fuck fuck fuck
    a sdf;sjad;fas

edit: WHAT HAPPENED TO STICKING CLOSE l;ksadjf;alkjfdsa

20. Thats because of the buffers. All I can say is what works for me. And that is DONT MESS WITH THE PH. Sunshine is balanced to maintain a certain ph on its own. Lime is the major factor. Dont ask me why but if you fuck with the up and down your messing with the chemestry of the medium.
    A 40+ year grower once told me that soil or soiless should never see ph down.
    Your nutes will lower ph of your water and the medium does the rest.:)