WK's journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whitekush, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I read back a bit. Are you using #4 or #4 Advanced. Theres a big difference in ph levels between the two.
    What were the levels of last 2 feedings as far as nutes and ph go?

2. hi blutis thank you for coming to save the day.

i'm on #4. not advanced. currently i'm phing at 6.0ph. my runoff stays at 6.0ph, i feed at 6.0ph.

uhh let me think there, last 2 waterings were 6.0ph, the time before that i gave them nutes when i wasnt supposed to, and then before that they were 6.0 and flushed.

i've been better with how often i feed them, i last fed them 2 or 3 days ago, i cannot remember just woke up.

3. What nutes and what was the N-P-K

4. GH Flora Series Micro (5-0-1) and Bloom (0-5-4)

5. Was trying ta send pm but its off.
    Are you using these at the same time. No flora grow?
    I'm no expert but I think you might be canceling The N and P out.
    Micro needs to be given in veg along with floragrow.
    Then florabloom needs to be given in flower with the floragrow.
    Floragrow is your base nutrient. 2-1-6. Its all about the ratios. More N in veg...More P in flower. The nutes your using are for Pure Hydro I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong. If it is, Npk levels are goofy for soiless.
    Hope this makes sense

6. i was mixing them What is Lucas Formula, and how do I use it?
    :S is it possible to make these nutes work? fack i wish i knew :':):):):):)(

7. I've learned that during the stretch phase of flowering, the plants want nearly as much N as in veg. Since they are still putting out new leaves and stems, they are essentially vegging even though the stretch is a part of the flowering. I mix a lil of my grow in with the bloom to give me a well rounded feed for those times.

They are called essential nutrients for a reason :p All essential nutrients are equally important for healthy plant growth, but there are large differences in the amounts required. Bottom line is dont cut out any single nutrient...especially one of the macros

and if im not mistakn floro micro contains most of the micronutrients so you could not just cut that out during flowering.....

8. I think they will work if you add the microgro. Just work the ratios for the plant stages.
    Get your ratio to be

Veg
    Floragro.........2-1-6
    +
    FloraMicro.......5-0-1
    7-1-7

Flower
    Floragro........2-1-6
    +
    Florabloom....0-5-4
    2-6-10

And give her some cal/mg every other watering.

9. kk cool thats what i needed! thats man.

10. seems to me ph is way low. i feed my ss#4 at 6.6-6.8ph

looks to me the same deficiencies i am having with high ph in coco. high ph locks out zinc, P and K in hydro.

soil is the opposite, low ph will lock these out...

if you have been watering at 6.0, i would put money on the fact that your medium is wayyy looow ph.

flush with double pot size in gallons with 6.8-7.0 ph base nutes...if you just got them into flowering and they are showing this it is b/c they are needing more P and K than when they were vegging.

But im a nutjob, so don't listen to me unless you verify everything i say with a trustworthy 3rd party and attorney present!!!

11. blu dont you feed your ss#4 @ 6.5(very minimum)or higher???

12. just checked. the ss#4 and the ss#4 advanced are both soil-based mediums and need to be watered at 6.5 ph and above..

just tryin to help...:D:wave:

not tryin to offend anyone...:smoke::)

peace

13. its not soil, its soil-less. pretty sure.
    there's alot of debate about this for some odd reason.

14. ss#4

Formulated with Canadian Sphagnum peat moss, coarse perlite, starter nutrient charge (with Gypsum) and dolomitic limestone

and the ss#4 advanced is what i use...have a 3 cf bale just cracked yesterday to replant my strawberry cough.
    it is the exact same as above but with some coco and myco.

both are soils and need to be watered at 6.5 or above. If im wrong, i want to know!! LOLOL

I have 9 chocolopes i am about to pot up... I have a Blue Cheese in this stuff and have run it at 6.6 ph for all of flowering at it is perfect without 1 deficiency.

blutis???

lets get on the same page here man...you got me turned on to this shit and i love it. all kinds of issues with my coco right now, but my ss#4 is perfect, now i see wk with the same issues in his #4 that im having in my coco. Crazy shiznit!

15. Hence why I'm staying outta it...I don't know shit 'bout these different soil and soil-less mixes...confuses the hell outta me...:eek:

I like pure hydro...none of that dirt stuff...with water my ppm and ph meters tell me all I need to know...no need to change anything with a different brand of water, just make your numbers happy and your plant will be too...;)

16. Yes I did. When I switch to advanced I dont even ph anymore. My tap is 7.1-7.4, with nutes it drops to 6 something. and runoff is always about 5.7-5.9. The buffers in advanced are far superior, and the active ph range is is like 5.5-6.5???or close to that...I forget.
    But I have a hard time telling people to do what I do. But honestly...I dont adjust it unless theres a problem. The buffers in #4 takes care of it all.
    Again, this works for me...everybodys water is different.

17. I just remembered. All 3 phenos of my chocolopes, and my blue cheese is in ss#4 advanced and have been fed at 6.6 through flowering...hope i didnt fuck up...they seem to be healthy!!

18. I think wk if you just add microgro to the mix and stop messing so much with adjusting the intake, you will find that your runoff will stay pretty consitent.
    Unless your on well water. What is the ph of water straight out of tap?

19. Joe...lol ...I think we are trying to say the same thing...I'm just beaten around the bush a bit more...dont ask me why. But yes I think you need to raise your ph in your feed:wave:

20. SS#4 and SS#4 advanced are both soil based mediums.

my feed goes in at 6.5 and comes out at 6.3...has since the beginning.

only drawback is that this soil doesnt have much as far as nutes are concerned so plants become deficient without high levels of nutrients supplied by grower regularly...this soil is condusive to that though, b/c the peat/perlite yields water easily and doesnt compact.

imho wk i would water with 2x pot size low 350ppm/6.8ph base nutes and measure runoff.

P is locked out by low ph in soil. high ph in hydro. cold,wet, compacted soil. or an excess of iron and zinc.

peace