Withering From Bottom Stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Emo Steve, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I tried growing about a little over a month ago. I put maybe 4 seeds into a pot. I watered everyday with water and miraclegro. I used flashlights and LEDs on the plants. All started to grow well but then about two weeks later, they all started to wither away from the bottom stems. Eventually all died. What do you think I was doing wrong? Too many seeds into one pot? Too little water? Not enough light?

2. Easiest way to put this, what didn't you do wrong? You need to take a look around the forum, read up. First you germinate seeds, then you go one pot to a seed. You can't use flash lights, LEDs, black lights, heat lamps.. You need Compact Flourecent lamps (CFL), Metal hallide [sp?] lamps (MH), High Pressure Sodiums (HPS), and those are about your choices. Also you don't water every day you need to make sure the soil isnt damp still. Miracle grow in my opion sucks. I use 19-19-19 fertz instead. I find MG to stunt the plant growth... so yeah. Read up in the beginners section. Hope that helped a little bit.

-AFD

3. yes, yes, yes

you, need flouresent lites , hps or metal halide lites to grow, flash lites dont cut it.

the soil only need be damp, watering the soil with a spray mister a couple squirts a day is better for germinating

seeds should be in single containers , not together

Seedlings need no fertilizer for the first 3-4 weeks.

there is a lot of information in the begginers dept, that you need to read before attempting again

Grasscity Deals Near You