Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Withdrawl?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by xStainD, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Well I've been smoking 3-4 times a day for while now and recently my dealer's been dry so I haven't had any bud for 2 days. So anyways, today it seems like every little thing has been pissing me off (kinda like when you haven't had a cigarette in a while) and all I can think about is how good it would feel to smoke. I know that marijuana is not physically addicting, but it can become a mental addiction, so what I'm wondering is if this is some kind of withdrawl that's going on or what. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks in advance,
    Jamie

2. Well man i have heard similar experiences from friends. What was there problem might not be the case witih you but ill give it a shot. There pot was laced with a small quantaty of herion . when the plant is veging its shot with a small dose , making that particular plant ever so adictive. It might be that or it you just might need a tolerence break. Ive been stoned non stop for about 3 weeks , i mean like 8-12 joitns a day and after a while i felt so fucked up. Thats why a tolrence break is always good.
    Hope you find the awnser to youre question mate

PEace

3. You're just used to feeling a certain way for so long.. marijuana isn't physically addictive, but anything can be addictive mentally and as we know the mind is a very powerful thing when it comes to your physical state.

4. Thanks for the responses guys.
    I dont think that its b/c of laced bud (I've been friends with my dealer for a few years now) but who knows these days. I think that a T-Break would be the best thing to do right now.

5. i know what you mean dude .. its just b/c ur mind isnt in the same mental state. i was blazed thet whole weekend .. and since sunday i havent been high, all i want to do is be high and it just sucks not being able to have my mind work the same way as it does when its high .. thats why i get pissed, my mind even starts to wander and i think about shit that makes me anxious or depressed .. its not good .. but its what i'll have to deal w/ till i get blazed again

the way i look at it .. a high mind and a sober mind are two totally different animals .. when ur used to the high one which is amazing .. the sober one sucks and it can piss you off

6. Yeah, that definitely describes whats happening, I guess I just need to wait it out until I can get some bud :)

7. yea dude .. just think of it like that and that should help u out a little about gettin pissed and shit

8. Is this a joke? I'm pretty sure thats complete bs.

9. lol agreed.

Withdrawal does occur from weed, physical and mental symptoms for up to two weeks. Difficulty sleeping, poor appetite, decreased libido, short temper, anxiety, mild depression.

This is a psychoactive we're talking about, anything that offsets homeostasis in a nature that provides any form of pleasure will cause withdrawal. No matter how mild it is, and even if people deny it, it's there.

10. Well put Zonyc.

11. there is deffinatly a withdrawal from weed. I went through the same thing ive been smoking everyday for a good 8 months and about a week ago i ran out of money (quit my job) and had to bud for two days. My mood was horrible all i could think about was smoking and shit because i was just depressed having no money and no job and bills. I became really pissy at my girlfriend like pissy because i need a cig but i had plenty of cigs. I didnt eat really for those two days either. I just got stomach aches constantly which felt like it was because i didnt eat but i had no appietite i went through a day and a half with out eating anything.

12. same thing happend to me. I didn't get real pissy unless I was hungry or something. I did however find my self wanting to take more naps. Gee, I sound like a baby. drink a glass of wine to take the edge off. And take breaks from smoking! That means a whole day break. less is more.